Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make visible In process BPM task of User A into User B UWL

sambaran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Need help to understand the feasibility on below requirements.

System : CE7.2, UWL with BPM .

Requirements:

Suppose there are two user A & B

1. User B want to see all tasks from User A (New/In Process) in its UWL.
  2. User B want to select a task which is in process by user A and take control of it (using some button )

My understanding:

1. Not possible. As only the owner can see In process task. Even if we use substitute process it only allow to access New status task.
  2. If first one is possible then only this requirement is valid. How  we can add a button to take control over another users task. How much customizing is possible in UWL & BPM components?

Delegate is the only option which allow In Process task to be assigned to another user  by its owner. Is there any other way owner can give control its task to another user/users ?

From NWA we can see all possible task and also can assign owner to each task. Is there any way we can use that component and provide access to user in a limited way?

Please let me know your input on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Sambaran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what's your real original business requirement...

sambaran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Jun,

Below is the requirement from organization point of view.

Please check and provide your input on this.

--------------------------------------------------------------

The UWL needs to be changed so that users with the “XYZ” Role can see tasks that are currently in progress with other users (the UWL should state the handler and show the current status of the request). It should also be possible to ‘take over’ the task by another user (e.g. by clicking a button). The original handler is to be notified by e-mail that the task is taken over and being handled by the new handler.

Example 1:

Employee A (UID emplo123) logs on to the Portal and accesses the UWL. A request (XYZ001) is pending and the employee accesses this task.

Employee B (UID emplo456) also logs on to the Portal and accesses the UWL. He will see that XYZ001 is currently in progress with employee A.

Example 2:

Employee A is the owner of XYZ001, but due to circumstances does not complete the task in the UWL.

Employee B accesses the UWL, and the XYZ001 task.

Employee B clicks the ‘Take control of this task’ button.

Employee B is now owner of XYZ001 and Employee A is notified by e-mail that XYZ001 is now being handled by Employee B.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks & Regards,

Sambaran

former_member191643
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sambaran,

I am guessing it can be done through substitution rule in UWL. In Step#8 of , choose the option 'Fill in For me' and then activate the Rule.

FYI, this is not the purpose of the UWL Substitution, but yes, you might be able to access In-Progress tasks as well.

Please try this and let us know if this works.

Regards,

Sid.

sambaran
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thanks for quick response.

I tried substitution process, but its not allow to see In process task.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73ehp1/helpdata/en/70/b228fc7cbc49118bba051dc056de70/content.htm

Regards,

Sambaran