cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Knowledge base set up in SAP CRM 7 EHP 3 using HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We are using CRM 7 EHP 3 with HANA, we are trying to setup Knowledge base, I have found the following SAP Note (1774566 - SAP Business Suite - Restrictions) which says "Software Agent Framework (SAF) is not supported on SAP HANA". Could you please suggest how to do it in CRM 7.3.

Thank you.

Regards,

Niranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

naveenkolathuru
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Have you found solution for this issue.

We are using HANA database as primary database. I'm in process of configuring Knowledge management using the best practice C3G/C29.

I have selected HANA database as search engine in below path.

SAP NetWeaver system and launch the Implementation Guide (IMG) by using transaction SPRO. Navigate to the node  Search and Operational Analytics  Common Settings for Operational Analytics and Embedded Search  Configure Indexing  Define TREX/BWA Destination or SAP HANA Database Connection .

As I'm using HANA database I can't use RFC destination of TREX TCP/IP connections and TREX was not installed.

Please guide me how to set up knowledge management using hana db.

Thanks,

Naveen.

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Please share your knowledge to help me out in same issue.

Regards,

Maddy

naveenkolathuru
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maddy,

I don't know about other enhancement packs and releases, for Ehp3 as far as my understanding you need trex server to be installed if you need to enable knowledge management.

Thanks,

Naveen.

former_member186887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen,

Thank you for your reply. 

Cant we work on knowledge management without trex on hana database?

Former Member
0 Kudos

No with out TREX can't use it, We have raised OSS message for this SAP suggested that without HANA we can't use the Knowledge Management.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found a documemt C29 Interaction Center Knowledge Articles  that may be of some help

at

http://help.sap.com/saap/sap_bp/BP_CRM_CRM702_XX/HTML/Content_Library_CRM_CRM702_integrated_EN_XX.HT...

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

You might check Software Agent Framework (SAF) - SAP Library.

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

Please advise.

I could found the following config path to setup the SPRO --> IMG --> Cross-Application Components --> General Application Functions --> HANA-Based Search for SAP Business Suite

Not sure am I going in right direction.

Thank you and Regards,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please guide how to setup knowledge base using HANA in CRM 7 EHP 3. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Niranjan

Sigrid
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Niranjan,

As far as I understand, the note says that you cannot use HANA as a TREX server. But - as far as I know you can still connect a CRM system on HANA with a TREX server using SAF (Software Agent Framework).

Best Regards,

Sigrid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sigrid,

Thank you very much for your help, any documentation or links to configure SAF using TREX server on HANA .

Thank you.

Regards,

Niranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Have you resolved this?  I am having the same issue