Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropdown list in the form UIBB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have 2 plant fileds(werks) in the form UIBB , Dropdown list

If the user selects some input from 1 st dropdown

If user selects the 0003 from site and if the company code is 0001 , then i need to take the store which has company code as 0001 and display in the dropdown list of the house.

But here i am facing a problem ,I am populating the fixed values in the form class get definition , I have build the fixed values for the Site field , and after i select a value 0003 in site ,

How can i populate the fixed values for the house field , ? I think i need to create actions for site , but anyway i may need to write the logic in process event , but the fixed values we can build in the get definition ,

My question is where i can write the code for house field fixed values ?

Thanks,

Pradeep.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

you need to assign a FPM event Id to Site Dropdown, say DD_SITE. create this action in get_definition.

When you select any value from Site, get_data will be triggered for event_id DD_SITE.

on this event, you need to populate the fixed values for house dropdown in table CT_FIELD_USAGE and also mark FIXED_VALUES_CHANGED as X in CT_FIELD_USAGE.

also, mark EV_FIELD_USAGE_CHANGED as X in get_data.

Regards,

Jitin Kharbanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin ,

Thanks for your reply ,

A you said i have created a action for drpodown list which is correct .

In the get definition method we will build the fixed values and we have the exporting parameter ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION, but in the Get data method we do not have the ET_FIELD_DESCRIPTION paramter.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitin ,

I have implemented the code in get data , and i n debug i noticed the parameter CT_FIELD_USAGE has no values for the house fixed values .

Rather another ne entry added to the CT_FIELD_USAGE and there i ca see the fixed values populated ,

Actually i have appended the fixed values to the CT_FIELD_USAGE, i think i need to modify CT_FIELD_USAGE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have loop the ct_field_usage  and i modified with the fixed values where the field name = house.

So the fixed values got populated in the ct_field_usage .

But on my application still teh dropdown is empty.

jitin_kharbanda
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Pradeep,

on this event, you need to populate the fixed values for house dropdown in table CT_FIELD_USAGE and also mark FIXED_VALUES_CHANGED as X in CT_FIELD_USAGE.

also, mark EV_FIELD_USAGE_CHANGED as X in get_data.

have you marked these two flags as 'X'?

also, in debug mode, after populating fixed values for house, are you able to see in CT_FIELD_USAGE?

Regards,

Jitin Kharbanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Jitin ,

yes its working fine , thanks a lot for your help.

Thanks,

Pradeep

Answers (0)