cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception in CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ReportSourceFactory

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm deploying a Windows Forms Application and when the user try to open any report, the following exception is thrown:

O inicializador de tipo de `CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ReportSourceFactory` acionou uma exceção.

STACK TRACE:    em CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms.CrystalReportViewer..ctor()

em CCI_WIN.frmVisualizaRelatorio.InitializeComponent()

em CCI_WIN.frmVisualizaRelatorio..ctor()

em CCI_WIN.UCRelatorios.UCConteudoPlanejado.btnVisualizar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

The application is running on .NET Framework 3.5 and the prerequisite is the SAP Crystal Reports Runtime Engine for .NET Framework. The deploy is make using Clickonce.

Any help or suggestion on that?

Tks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A few questions:

What version of CR - please be precise? (e.g.; cr XI or CR 13 is not quite it) - look for the crpe32.dll

What version of .NET?

Where did you download the ClickOnce file from? Name of the file?

OS you are deploying the app to?

Please, list all CR references in your project and their versions.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well,

the CR i'm using to develop is the 13.0.1.220.

.NET framework 3.5.

I'm using Visual Studio 2010 to deploy it in a private server in the network, using ClickOnce, so i don't know how to answer your question about where did i download the Clickonce file, cause that is native on Windows Forms Application using VS2010.

The OS i'm developing is Windows 7 x64 and the machines that uses the app too (some x32 and some x64).

The CR references are:

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine

CrystalDecisions.ReportSource

CrystalDecisions.Shared

CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

All is 13.0.2000.0 (Version) and v2.0.50727 (runtime version).

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You're using SP 1; 13.0.1.220

Currently, we are on SP 10, so the 1st thing to do is to get to SP 10:

Next, have a look at the developer file:

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

Search in the Help file for clickonce.Lots of info there.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

thanks for your answer.

But, after i updated the SAP for VS on the dev machine, the error keep happening in the client application.

I use clickonce to deploy the windows forms app. And everytime the user try to open any report, i receive the following error by e-mail.

ORIGEM: CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

MENSAGEM DE ERRO: O inicializador de tipo de `CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ReportSourceFactory` acionou uma exceção.

em CCI_WIN.UCRelatorios.UCConteudoPlanejado.btnVisualizar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

em System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

em System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

regards.

Thiago

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thiago, can you check if the assembly CrystalDecisions.ReportSource is in the GAC on that computer and if so, what is the assembly as well as file version?

- Ludek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

it's very very strange.

Now on computers running Windows x86, everything works fine. But in the x64 OS, the exception occur.

Do you think this is occurring because of the property Specif Version is set to True? (as i sent in last image)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the project is compiled as "Any CPU", then on a 64 bit OD, by definition, the exe will try to load 64 bit runtime. If you deployed 32 bit runtime, you will get errors similar to what you are seeing. Make sure the project is compiled as 32 bit.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

now i re-installed the CR for VS2010 with integration to IDE and found the DLL's on GAC.

And the error changed. Take a look, please:

SOURCE: CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

ERROR MESSAGE: O inicializador de tipo de `CrystalDecisions.ReportSource.ReportSourceFactory` acionou uma exceção.

em CCI_WIN.UCRelatorios.UCHistoricoLogin.btnVisualizar_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

I also uploaded an image showing what is the configuration of the reference, with the option Copy Local: true and Specific Version: true

Thiago

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have no idea Thiago. I'm missing some piece of information as this all works on 1000s of other computers. E.g.; there is something going on with the environment. It is definitely time to create a phone incident:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ludek,

i can't find the assembly of CrystalDecisions on Client and developer Machine.

The Path of the Reference in Visual Studio folder is: C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine\13.0.2000.0__692fbea5521e1304\CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.dll

This path doesn't exist in developer computer and the reports are generated in runtime perfectly at developers computers.

Regards

Thiago

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hmmm, well we know it must be on the developer computer...(?). What about any other CR assemblies? Do you see those in the GAC?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nothing found.

I've just search in my drive C and found some files on C:/User/Thiago/AppData/Local/Apps2/....

No relation to a specific folder of Crystal Reports.

Any other suggestion?

It's strange because in developer runtime everything works good.

Thiago

Former Member
0 Kudos

The framework of the Main Windows Forms Application is 3.5.

And the web.config has all this information:

<configuration>

<configSections>

<sectionGroup name="userSettings" type="System.Configuration.UserSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">

<section name="CCI_WIN.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" allowExeDefinition="MachineToLocalUser" requirePermission="false"/>

</sectionGroup>

</configSections>

<appSettings>

<add key="ChaveCripto" value="222$$$"/>

<add key="ClientSettingsProvider.ServiceUri" value=""/>

</appSettings>

<connectionStrings>

<add name="DBConfig" connectionString="F0cOCqSWlaPFbqZERIC2CWJYxzkwJuQOPNQCe6fkIMXzvF4MyzEuP+pQBzWt0X6HZHRB6IF58fRdmyaTx2GUwsIwQO/0vhbNLZobhoYiqzQwcIH++nGdPOdYlMBupm339zzlkveZxRAonBZZA8JGqt9wJU2JUHhYO/ncK6pbyDZKpF8OeA1rDQlnx6OYyCb4Z+J3iwVXGtCPLxLPXW8c/aUgUxuEmYnEKnezQXYRYiaovhRt05CKe094m4OyDV42" providerName="Producao"/>

</connectionStrings>

<startup>

<supportedRuntime version="v2.0.50727"/></startup>

<userSettings>

<CCI_WIN.Properties.Settings>

<setting name="Setting" serializeAs="String">

<value/>

</setting>

</CCI_WIN.Properties.Settings>

</userSettings>

<system.web>

<membership defaultProvider="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider">

<providers>

<add name="ClientAuthenticationMembershipProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientFormsAuthenticationMembershipProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri=""/>

</providers>

</membership>

<roleManager defaultProvider="ClientRoleProvider" enabled="true">

<providers>

<add name="ClientRoleProvider" type="System.Web.ClientServices.Providers.ClientRoleProvider, System.Web.Extensions, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35" serviceUri="" cacheTimeout="86400"/>

</providers>

</roleManager>

</system.web>

</configuration>

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Weird. I have no idea how your app works with no reference to Crystal Reports in the web.config:

<compilation debug="true" strict="false" explicit="true">

<assemblies>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Web, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.Shared, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="log4net, Version=1.2.10.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.Controllers, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataDefModel, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692FBEA5521E1304"/>

<add assembly="CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, Version=13.0.2000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/></assemblies>

</compilation>

And in your file system, you do not see the following?:

Very strange and it may be best to discuss over the phone as really - nothing makes any sense here. You can create a phone incident here:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/en_US/pd/productID.98078100

- Ludek