cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NetWeaver Installation stucks at MaxDB Server Software Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got a problem while installing SAP NetWeaver 7.0 SR3 on X86_64 Linux.

In the step "Install database server" I got the following error:

"Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ENUM' : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 24)."

In sapinst_dev.log I can find the following entrys:

TRACE
MaxDB Server Software exist on localhost

RROR      2014-09-23 17:09:04.294 [CInstallerCallBackImpl.cpp:228]
Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ENUM' : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 24

ERROR      2014-09-23 17:09:04.296
           CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()
MUT-03025  Caught ESAPinstException in module call: .

ERROR  2014-09-23 17:09:04.406 [sixxcstepexecute.cpp:896]

FCO-00011  The step installServerSoftware with step key |NW_ABAP_OneHost|ind|ind|ind|ind|0|0|NW_Onehost_System|ind|ind|ind|ind|onehost|0|NW_CreateDBandLoad|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdbandload|0|NW_CreateDB|ind|ind|ind|ind|createdb|0|NW_ADA_DB|ind|ind|ind|ind|nw_ada_db|0|Sdb_ServerSoftware_Dialogs|ind|ind|ind|ind|server_software_dialogs|0|Sdb_ServerSoftware|ind|ind|ind|ind|server_software|0|installServerSoftware was executed with status ERROR ( Last error reported by the step: Error during execution of command identifier 'DB_ENUM' : java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: 24).

In the directory /sapdb/data/wrk there are also some log-files. The last SDBINSTMsg<timestamp>.log says

INFO:    registering
INFO:      starting external program /sapdb/SID/db/bin/dbmcli
INFO:        command line is: /sapdb/SID/db/bin/dbmcli -R /sapdb/SID/db service_register
INFO:        output line 1: RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Failed to change to indep data work path:/sapdb/Q50/data/wrk [13]
INFO:        output line 2: Error! Connection failed to node (local) for database (no dbname):
INFO:        output line 3: Reading header from pipe:closed by serv
INFO:        program terminated with exit code 2
ERR:    dbmcli returned 2: RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Failed to change to indep data work path:/sapdb/Q50/data/wrk [13]
Error! Connection failed to node (local) for database (no dbname):
Reading header from pipe:closed by serv
ERR:    Registration of package "Database Kernel" failed

ERR:  Cannot install package Database Kernel
ERR:    Registration of package "Database Kernel" failed
ERR:      dbmcli returned 2: RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Failed to change to indep data work path:/sapdb/SID/data/wrk [13]
ERR:  error installing
ERR:    Cannot install package Database Kernel
ERR:      Registration of package "Database Kernel" failed
ERR:        dbmcli returned 2: RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Failed to change to indep data work path:/sapdb/SID/data/wrk [13]
ERR:  Installation failed
ERR:    error installing
ERR:      Cannot install package Database Kernel
ERR:        Registration of package "Database Kernel" failed
ERR:          dbmcli returned 2: RTE_CallSdbStarter(): Failed to change to indep data work path:/sapdb/SID/data/wrk [13]

But there are no later log files after retry the step. The latest log file in this directory is sdbgloballistener_bbwerpcs2q.prt. But there are no interesting entrys.

All these error messages saying nothing to me. I had a similar error on another system. The solution here was to give more rights to all directories under /sapdb/SID/data. But in this case, this didn't help.

I hope you can help me to resolve this problem.

Thank you in advance for any advises.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I was able to solve the problem by myself.

The cause was as follows:

During the installation procedure, MaxDB Server Software was installed, but not correctly. But the Database Instance was already registered. So the SWPM didn't know, what to do as there is a database instance but it doesn't work correctly.

The solution was to deregister the MaxDB instance by dbmcli-command. The dbmcli program is located in /sapdb/SID/db/bin. The command to deregister  the instance is called db_unreg.

After the deregistration of the database instance I was able to deinstall all system components and install the whole SAP system again. This time it worked fine.

Answers (0)