cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table in Master Page only getting printed on the first Page

0 Kudos

I am printing a table in the footer area. It is only getting printed on the 1st page but not on the subsequent pages.

How to solve this ??

Screen Shot Attached.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

soumik_de2
Participant
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear. please clear it .

If you want the table to flow different pages then you have to create the table in data view.

in data view there will be a subform by default created. Here in your screenshot it is name as Page_2

please make it flowed in seated of making it positioned. whatever dynamic thing you want to print you can put here. If you want grand total or subtotal please search on internet you will find  lots of link.

0 Kudos

I am actually trying to print the footer of the company which will have the address and contact details. So, this info should be printed at the bottom of each and every page. I have stored this data in an internal table and want to print that table at the bottom of every page. The internal table will have maximum 3 rows. To make that happen, I have created that table at the bottom of the master page.

But the problem is, it is only getting printed once(on the 1st page only)

Am I going in the right direction ?

[P.S. : You will also find a line above the table. That line gets printed on every page. But why this table is not getting printed repeatedly ?]

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Supratim,

You should not design the table in Master Page. Dynamic data such as Tables should always be designed in design view(Body Page).

If you want a proof you can check as per the steps below.

1) Currently the table which you designed is in Master page. So click on that Table sub form. Now if you click on the Pagination tab, it is disabled. So there is no option to give the sub form to overflow. Hence the data will not go to next page.

2) Now you design the same table in design view(body page). Now when you click on the Table sub form, you can see that the Pagination tab will be enabled. So you can provide the overflow option. So the data will go to next page.

0 Kudos

Thanx a lot Pavan....You write things in a structured way...really liked that......

So, in this case......

If I have an internal table........suppose having 3 rows.........it will never have more than 3...

And I want to print those at the bottom of every page.....how should I proceed ??

pavan_prabhu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Supratim,

How many master pages do you have in the layout? Also can you show the screenshot of how you have included the table in master page. Please provide screenshot of both layout and hierarchy tab as well as the object properties on right hand side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supratim

You can create a static table with 3 rows (or as many as you need) and then use script to 'hide' any unwanted row.

(A table acts with its' rows like a 'flowed' subform, so when you 'hide a row all other rows are moved to obtain the flow).

Regards

Shai

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I am very sorry for my late reply.

I have only one master page.

I have attached the screenshot.

0 Kudos

I will now try that......if I get correct result.....will surely inform here.....