Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 digits after decimal point

former_member299860
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

As the price for one of the commodities for a buyer has been now settled in 3 digits after the decimal point, we need to create an option for entering 3 digits after the decimal point in the commercial invoice.

I understand that I cant just go and change the settings in the transaction OY04.

Is there any other way we achieve this.

Please Guide me..

Regards..!

Andy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of going for changing the decimals in configuration which is not at all recommended, it is better you maintain the condition record per 10 instead of one.  This means, let us assume, your price for a material is $ 10.123 and if you maintain condition record $ 101.23 per 10, system will calculate the net value exactly.

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor

Hi,

Please check with your FI consultant changing the Decimals in OY04 has the serious impact on the Production server

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

The functionality of enabling 3 decimal points is governed more by the currency than by customer requirement.

There are certain currencies like Oman RIAL (OMR), Bahrain Dinar (BHD), Jordanian Dinar (JOD) which have high value for money and hence they are maintained using 3 decimal places.

In case of OMR, 1000 Dinars(I hope so) equals 1 RIAL. Hence they have to maintain RIALs in 3 decimals. So the functionality of 3 decimal points is decided by the conversion rate between the lowest denomination of that currency with the base unit of the currency in circulation.

So in your case, you really have to understand what is the lowest denomination in use of a currency. For example in EU, the lowest is 1cent and 100 cents is 1 Euro. Hence here it doesnt make any sense to have euros in 3 decimals, becos nobody is able to give 0.1 cents to anybody.

Hope you get the point.