cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create an order with reference to Credit Memo?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have got a doubt regarding Can we Create an Order with ref to Credit Memo? in IDES System? if it is possible how can we do that? can any one share me their thoughts.

Regards,

Sandy.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Every one...

I will try this once i learned Copying Controls..

Regards,

Sandy.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As many had confirmed, it is possible to create sales order with reference to a Credit Memo.

It is only through the Billing to S.Order reference process enabled by copy control for relevant item categories.

However as Lakshmipathi asked, the process significance doesnt seem to be compelling enough to enable this process cycle.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Though this sounds illogical but yes we can create sale order w.r.t credit note. You need to maintain copy control from billing document to sale order. Just copy any standard copy control settings and maintain for your document types. Moreover if you explain the business requirement than that would be nice.

Thank$

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes moazzam it is possible in this way

confirm if it is possible to make reference  mandatory as credit memo

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We can make mandatory reference for Billing document. Now credit memo, debit memo or SD invoice all are billing documents so we can use any one of these.

Thank$

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I dont find any logical in this query.  Why do you want to create a sale order from a credit memo?  Credit Memo is the final document from SD being posted to FI and why you want to start SD process again ?

G. Lakshmipathi

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can try with BAdI: Enhancements for Determining Reference Documents