cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse Engineer - SAP Bussiness Suite

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would like a help to import SAP Business Suite Data Dictionary. OBDC connection is obligatory because the requirements to import SAP Data Dictionary. Then, I had to create a user to establish connection in Oracle Database. It was granted privileges to ALL and DBA metadata tables but the application shows "The database does not contain ABAP data dictionary tables".

I was not able to find any documentation approaching the privileges to grant to Oracle database user. I think there are other tables to grant privileges, maybe tables with prefyx DD, but I don't know which.

Print below.

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PeterBlignaut
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I had this a while back in POC. I found the the SQL generated for Oracle was using  single quotes for the schema identifier instead of a double quote. I worked around this by setting the default schema for the user to the schema  with SAP tables in and not setting a value in the schema name.

Oops - just remembered there was some issue trick to do this - hence the edit. I remember trying a few things but I can't remember what the solution was. Either it was just to use the user with the same name as the schema or I had to use this which I found in my bookmarks sqlplus - How to set an Oracle user default schema? - Database Administrators Stack Exchange

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Jan,

Instead of using SAPOWER, use the schema owner SAPSR3.

Or is the schema owner SAPDEV?

Hans

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answer, Hans.

So, SAP BS R3 tables is installed in SAPDEV schema. SAPSR3 schema hasn't any table.

SAPOWER is the user BASIS created to estabilsh database connection. BASIS admin not authorize to use SAP schema owner (SAPDEV) because security policies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jan,

I think you to use user SAPDEV in order to reverse engeneer SAP ABAP DDIC.

Hans