cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 Installation Issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Downloaded a Crystal Reports 2013, 30 Day Trial and upon attempting to execute the program immediately following installation, received the following error message - Missing "This program cannot start because "pvlocale-0-1.dll is missing from your computer. Try re-installing the program to fix the problem".  I have since run a Repair, Uninstalled and re-installed CR 2013. I have searched my Windows 7 SP1 PRO computer and I did NOT find this missing DLL. 

I did de-activate my security software (Avast & Malwarebytes) before attempting the Uninstall / Re-Install process, thinking that one of these programs my have interfered with the installation. SAP support suggested that I post my experience here and to expect a knowledgeable partner or consultant to help provide a solution.

I am in want of reviewing CR 2013 before purchasing it but as of this moment, I can not even get the program installed properly. Now, my 30 day trial is down to 20 days.

Please see fit to assist me with a solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Richard,

Did you also make sure that you're logged in as a 'Local Admin' on the machine?

I searched for the dll and I did find it in two places:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports 2011\crystalreportviewers\ActiveXControls

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win32_x86

If you have another spare machine, you might want to try installing CR on that machine first and then transporting the dll on your existing machine at the same places. You would also need to register the dll to make sure it works fine.

But before you do all of this, try reinstalling it again by logging in as a 'Local Admin'.

-Abhilash