cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to process Containers numbers for recurring inspection with sample-drawing procedure considered no. of containers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, experts

The recurring inspection plan has adpoted sample-drawing procedure which consider containers number.

Now when use QA07 transaction code to create an inspection lot, the inspection lot has not calculated sample quatity.

Bescause the inspection lot has no containers numbers and unit, which information has to be inputed by QA02 manually.

any experts can give any advice about this question, the containers number has maintained when purchase order received for purchased inspection, why should we maintain again for recurring inspection lot for the same material and batch.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Containers cannot be supported when you automatically create the 09 lots and have Automatic Assignment ticked on and "manual sample calc" ticked off in the inspection type set up for the material

Using what was inputted for the purchase GR can not happen.  If you receive in 100 L (BUOM) in 20 5L containers how does the system know for sure you still have 20 containers?  What if I consumed 60 L worth?   Further more, what if I got them as 4 5L pails to a case and I had 5 cases that I used as my container?  I might not have a conversion of pails to case.  The  combinations could be endless.  This problem would normally be the rule for most materials as I'm constantly consuming material.  Also, I may receive in the exact same batch from a vendor on multiple purchase orders.  This is very common for materials provided by distributors as they purchase very large batches, break them up and distribute them as needed.  It might take 2-3 yrs for a distributor to sell off one batch.

If you have a containers requirement you should look at using the "manual sample calc." indicator in the 09 inspection type set up for the material.  It will require the user to use QA02 to update the inspection lot where you can manually enter in the containers and perform the sample calculation.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot!

We have a decision about this question: using the "manual sample calc."

Answers (0)