Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data model for ECC and MDG

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can some one let me know how different is the Data Model for ECC and MDG ??

Are all the fields which are there in ECC not available in MDG ??

Is there any document which gives us the list if fields in ECC and MDG ??

I have activated the standard Vendor and Customer like UI but i do not see a lot of fields like

Vendor : Customer number, Vat Reg Number, Indicator: Clearing between customer and vendor, Vendor RMA Number Required,Tax Number 2,

Customer : Street 2, Street3.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

Did you find solution for this problem ?

I am also looking for a solution to get attribute "Tax Number Type - STCDT" on MDG UI. For this Meta Data excel is as shown in below screenshot.

It is hidden in genIL and also CVI mapped to STCD1 (Tax Number 1). But how can Tax Number Type be mapped to Tax Number 1 ? This does not seems incorrect ? Please answer/advise that how can I get Tax Number Type in MDG ?

Thanks,

Swati.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag

Find my reply as per below

• how different is the Data Model for ECC and MDG ??

ECC Master Data objects are termed as Data Model in MDG like MDGM refers Material Master so on

• Are all the fields which are there in ECC not available in MDG ??

No not all the ECC fields are available in MDG but we can enhace it in repective data model as per need

• Is there any document which gives us the list if fields in ECC and MDG ??

You can refer and search Mete Data for respective Data Models

• I have activated the standard Vendor and Customer like UI but i do not see a lot of fields like

Vendor : Customer number, Vat Reg Number, Indicator: Clearing between customer and vendor, Vendor RMA Number Required,Tax Number 2,

Customer : Street 2, Street3.

It should be same can you reconfirm which roles you are using ? Is it

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Sanjay,

I got the Meta data sheet , But what i was looking for is the same fields in the MDG screen .

I do not see that in the document.

Regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is in same sheet Please expand all rows

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Screen shot pls

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay ,

I think we are looking at different sheets,

Below is the direct link from where i got the Meta data sheets

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=%2Flibrary%2Fuuid%2F00e8f5e4-0c00-3010-58a8-917b3e07b426

I see the details only for BP , Customers and Vendors

regards,

Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag

Please refer column B (ECC fields) and column K (MDG Attrinutes)

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjay , Thanks for that . I see that few of fields have comments like below, Can you let me know where can i unhide those fields ?? ( Screen shot pls ) n/a (DFKKBPTAXNUM - hidden in genIL)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag

Good point as I can see that it is not displyed either as attribute in UI or respective entity type. Let me come back to you on this

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vag,

you can unhide those fields in the GenIL Browser (Transaction GENIL_MODEL_BROWSER). Maybe you need an access key as it is a change of the standard delivery.

BUT:

Normally there is a reason why the fields are hidden. MDG works in the backend with the Business Partner and not with the ECC Customer. Some aspects are handled differently but often the Customer Vendor Integration (CVI) takes care about the correct processing.

Best regards,

Markus

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus, But how is that some of the key fields like Vat Registration Number is hidden ?? Is there any other alternatives ?? Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

The VAT Number is an example where the processing for the BP is different to the Customer.

The BP has a list of Tax Numbers where also the VAT is maintained. The corresponding GenIL object is BP_TaxNumber (Relation BP_TaxNumbersRel, directly related to BP_Root).

The CVI should take care that the Customer is updated correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus

Can you tell me the procedure how Tax number for BP integreated as VAT number for Customer/Vendor? Which Tax number field is used to refer VAT Number?Can you paste screen shot for ths.

markus_greutter
Participant
0 Kudos

This guide provides a chapter about CVI:

For tax numbers it says the following:

"The business partner stores tax numbers in a table format. ERP customer and vendor use simple fields combined with a table for European VAT Numbers. CVI takes care of the correct synchronization of the business partner table with the fields and tables for customer or vendor."

More details I don't know.

former_member226173
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Markus , I have tried with both Vendor Like UI and Vendor via BP UI . I only see that the Tax Number and Tax Number 1 field is getting updated . Regards, Vag Vignesh Shenoy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vag

Which field you exactly looking for? As I tried for VAT Registration Number and found If I selected coreect Tax Number Categeory in MDG and provide value in Tax number MDG field it is mapped to VAT Registration number in ECC after replication