cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move from Catalog Schema to Design Time Schema

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I had created a catalog schema DEMO. Then I created a DEMO.hdbschema and it got activated successfully.  I granted all the permission to _SYS_REPO with Grant options.

I am not able to activate the .hdbrole created for DEMO.hdbschema and get the error "DEMO: schema is not owned by _SYS_REPO".  Is there a workaround for this situation?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_kohler3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I had the same problem when transporting a delivery unit from the DEV to Q HANA instance.

The following comment helped me:

http://scn.sap.com/message/14874069#14874069

_SYS_REPO should be automatically the owner when creating the Schema via the repository (.hdbschema). I deleted the schema on the target (Q) system and tried once more and didnt get the error anymore.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

Thanks for your reply !

My problem is that I am far too ahead in testing phase and cannot delete the schema. Also, I have many schemas which have a lot of tables and data. So, I was wondering if there is any alternate solution .

markus_kohler3
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

I assume you've already thought about the option:

1. export the data

2. delete the objects

3. re-create the objects via the repository

4. re-import the data

?

Another comment:

The ownership can be viewed in the SYS.SCHEMA and SYS.OWNERSHIP view, see e.g.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZMfLHgOJXU

Markus

vivekbhoj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

Can you share your code?

Have you given the schema privilege as follows:

schema <Package path>:DEMO.hdbschema: CREATE ANY, SELECT, EXECUTE, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE;

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I had created the .hdbrole just like you have mentioned and 'CHECK' on this role object failed.

This role can get activated if I delete the Catalog schema and activate the DEMO.hdbschema object via repository.