Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL error while connecting to MSSQL database from SAP Oracle Database in DBCON

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can somebody help me to resolve the below issue

I am trying to connect the SAP oracle database to external database MSSQL.

Have opend the firewall ports and both servers are connecting to each other through telnet but facing SQL error in ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION report.

Configured details as below in DBCO transaction:

Object_source=<> MSSQL_SERVER=<> MSSQL_DBNAME=<>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sowjanya,

Which OS is implemented with your Oracle database?

As mentioned in note 1601608 to use DBCON you must have operational system Windows or Linux as Microsoft released the necessary files (client/library) only to those systems.

Best regards,

Eduardo Rezende

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rezende,

Thank you for the prompt response,

Our OS is Linux GNU SLES-11 with oracle database of SAP system

We have also installed the "unixODBC Version 2.2.12-198.17

But still we are facing the SQL error

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sowjanya,

Have you performed the adjustments of note 1644499?
Which kernel/DBSL is implemented in your system?

Regards,

Eduardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah we had already implemented the note specified. before implementing note we got the error stating could not load libraries

But now when I see the work process trace it is stating as trying to use SQl Server Native Client.

I am not sure if we need to install these SNAC in Linux server or in MSSQL server.

former_member184473
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have performed all the points from note 1644499?

Adjustments for SLES11:

Even though Microsoft recommends unixODBC 2.3.0, it is also possible and recommended to use the standard SLES11 unixODBC package. In that case use yast to install unixODBC and do not follow the "Install the unixODBC 2.3.0 Driver Manager" section.

Make sure that the prerequisite packages are installed as described on the CTP download page.

Download the msodbcsql-11.0.2260.0.tar.gz package from the Web page and extract it to a temporary directory with the tar command.

Install the SQL Server ODBC driver without building a separate unixODBC 2.3.0 package

# cd <directory of msodbcsql-11.0.2260.0.tar.gz>

# ./install.sh install --force

The Linux / MSSQL DbSl 720 PL500 (filename dbmssslib.so) and later should be used. Always download the most recent SAPEXEDB*.SAR archive for your kernel release.

To use DBA Cockpit to make connections from Linux, you need a minimum SAP_BASIS support package level:

700 SP26

701 SP11

702 SP10

710 SP14

711 SP09

720 SP07

For SAP_BASIS release 702 SP6-SP9, you can use SNOTE to apply the corrections attached to this SAP note.

If you still face any issue after performing all the steps, provide the dev_w file which contain the connection.

Regards,

Eduardo