cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Budget Availability Control at MIGO(Goods Receipt)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

according to the process of client PO is created for the PR which is automatically triggered from project. This PO contains material cost and custom tax. according to the business process client will create MIRO first for that custom tax. after this miro there is chance of change in tax amount and this change amount with material cost is posting to project while doing MIGO for that specific PO. So could you please help me out how to stop this amount by using budget check while doing MIGO which is not a standard functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

system working perfectlu in PO GR IR process

but coming to PO IR GR process at IR level availability control is not working .

any body could suggest any idea to have control at IR level???

regards,

dileep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dyaneshwar,

if we do down payment entry through FI first( for custom tax) , then GR for material. wt wil be the actual cost posting to WBS if material cost is 800  and custom tax is 200.

I think it should be 800

But for the client the actual cost posting is exceeding the available budget, when we try to test in quantity the system is throwing error for the custom tax which is part of commitment cost and which is with in the limit.

my doubts

1) how the system accept the actual cost which is crossing the budget for client ( i have seen from the report the actual cost is more than the actual release Budget)

2) when we are testing the system is not accepting to post the custom tax while miro Which is with in the budget.

3) if we follow the process which you told wt abt the actual amount posted to wbse. and wt abt the tax amount it shud also posted to wbse inorder to know how much cost actually we are spending to buy that material.

regards,

dileep.

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

System will not accept actual cost more than then budget released,
Please ensure availability control is activated.

Please share the report where you have seen as actual cost
is more than released budget as you have  mentioned in your comment no 1.

In case of input taxes,  system will not consider tax amount as cost because
we are getting some credits against tax paid, so its not a direct cost on
project. the tax amount is updated separately in diff. registers like excise register, sales register etc...not directly on project.

Please consult with MM & IFCO consultant on tax queries.

Thanks,

Dnyanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

i am not able to post the word document but for one wbse 10000 amount is released

n avac is activated too but still system is acepting to post actuals more than 10000 to wbse

material is assigned to activity of wbse whose release and allocated budget is 10000

for that activity we assigned non stock material

po ie commitment is 7000 and custom tax of 2500

its PO IR GR process

while IR we increase tax n system is accepting its accepting even we excced the budget and the same exceeded is posted to wbse.

how can we restrict the amount of tax at IR level not to exceed the avaialble budget ( tolerenece limit 04 financial document is activated tooo)

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello,

is your taxation Cost Elements in the Exempted list of Cost Elements.. Please check that in the Settings Under Budgeting Node in SPRO..

Also if possible please share the screen shots for the same..

Regards

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sammar,

there are no cost elements maintianed in exempt cost element availability control

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sammar,

i want availability control for tax amount also so what s the need of exempt cost element.

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

Your last statement is not clear
“how to stop this amount by using budget check while doing MIGO”
.  But I am trying to reply on my understanding of the issue.

Make separate WBS for every material that you have to procure though
project.

Give acute budget using Cj30/cj32 to that particular WBS.

Now, while creating PO your total budget will get consumed against
PO commitment and remaining budget will be set to zero.

Now again if you have to assign new tax code/ tax rate in PO after
creating PO/MIRO.  System will check the
recent (after change) committed value of PO against budget & gives the
error as budget exceed bacause we have given acute budget to particular WBS.

With Regards,

dnyanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear dnyaneshwar,

please see my recent post for varshal you wil understand my current prbm

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

In the tolerance limits settings have you selected the target group as ++. It should stop the GR if the budget is getting exceeded.

Please elaborate.

Sammar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sammar,

through tolerance group we cant control GR. system wont check budget during GR process.in tolerence group we dont have GR option.  I think according to customization system wont stop during GR. could you please help me out.

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Firsly let me apologize for not understanding your requirement clearly.

Which one are you trying to achieve?

• Set Budget control for GR as well?
  • Set Budget control for TaX amount only at the time of GR only?
  • Or is there any other option that I have missed out here.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi varshal,

for example i have a wbse with 1000 release budget

we hav a PO of 960  in which 900 material cost and 60 custom tax .

now the client is trying to miro for that tax amount without doing migo

during miro also he is doing invoice only the tax but whenever he is doing to do miro for the same amount 60 the system is given budget exceed error of 20

from the error i understand that during miro system is taking this tax again and it throwing 20 as error as it has still 40 as avaialble budget but system should accept that amount na

why it is not accepting??

this is my prbm pls forget above issue. first let me know wt exactly happening with system???

former_member210872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dileep,

System behavior is right, In standard scenario of SAP, MIRO
will be done on the basis of invoice obtained while GRN from the client, but in
your case its before the GRN, so System considering Rs. 60 is additional commitment
in addition to Rs. 960 i.e. 60+960= 1020.

To overcome on that you can,

1. Make down payment entry through FI, as open line
item against vendor.

2. Complete GRN.

3. Complete MIRO process

4. Clear open line item of down payment against MIRO invoice
amount.

With regards,

Dnyanesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Dyaneshwar,

thanks for the solution.

somwhow( may be avaliability control was deactivated) they did miro for huge amount of tax which exceed the budget and they did migo n actual were posted to wbse.

for example they raise commitment of cost 10 lakhs in which 10 thousand as custom cost but while doing miro they did for 1 lakh buy mistake ( or i dont know) but any how the actuals were posted to wbse for that PO with 11 lakhs all though we allocate only 10 lakhs.

how can we expailn to client????