cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Q relationship: use?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

In standard SAP, you can link qualifications with eachother using relationship type 030 ('is generalisation of'), the same relationship that links qualifications with qualification groups.

I am wondering, what is the functional use of this (in standard SAP)? And what is the impact in different submodules, such as LSO and employee profile?

The reason I am asking, is that a Q-Q relationship is something that would be a perfect solution for a customer requirement (1 high level, generalized qualification consists out of multiple lower level qualifications), but I can't find any documentation on why it is foreseen in standard SAP, and how it is used here.

I can't find any example or business case online either.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Stephen_B
Participant
0 Kudos

I think it sole purpose is to further segmentize a group of Qualifications, but instead of using a QK (which you can't assign to a P or S/C object) you'll use a generic Q and assign specific Qs below it. (belongs to)

As for the the impact in LSO, it does nothing. In the above example, if you assign the generic Q to the position requirement of an employee, the profile matchup in the Learning Portal only shows the generic Q as a requirement. It will not 'inherit' all the specific Q objects under the root Q as additional Qualification requirements.

Same behaviour when you display the Emp/Position profile in PPPD.

Cheers

Stephen

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Stephen! That's the answer I was hoping for

yury_sichov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can use it in tr. PPPM. Try your solution. If it will be some problem - write.

Former Member
0 Kudos

bump