Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Step by step configuration between ESS 1.51 and ECC 7.40

anderson_cardozo
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning, sap gurus.

Do you know where can i find step by step about ESS 1.50 and MSS 1.51 configuration with ECC 7.40 ?

Thanks!,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to start with this:

it has other required sublinks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For EHP5 I read somewhere that this is configured in launchpad LPD_CUST - please check this

anderson_cardozo
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers, but i need to configure business packages for employee self service (WDA 1.50) , for portal 7.31. I just found the next procedure to:

Setting Up the System Landscape

1. In the portal, create a Systems folder, if it does not already exist. Proceed as follows:
    1. Choose  System Administration  System Configuration  System Landscape  .
    2. Position your cursor on Portal Content and use the context menu (right mouse button) to create the new Systems folder.
  2. Under the Systems directory, create an entry for the system, on which the software component SAP ECC Human Capital Management is installed. Proceed as follows:
    1. Using the context menu for the Systems folder, create a portal system (choose  New  System from Template  ).
    2. Use an SAP system with load balancing as a template.
    3. Enter the name of the physical system (for example, XYZ000 for the system XYZ, client 000) as the name and ID.
    4. Make your company-specific settings for the fields, using the following property categories:
      • Connector
      • Internet Transaction Server (ITS)The relevant ITS path is: /sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui
      • Web Application Server (WAS)
    5. Assign the system alias SAP_ECC_HumanResources.

This steps are enough?, to configure ESS?,

Former Member
0 Kudos

refer below also :-

FYI,

Business Package for Employee Self-Service (WDA) 1.50 - SAP Library

the above is for ESS WDABAP

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/employee-self-service/blog/2012/05/31/tips-recommendations-for-...

ESS - BPERPESSWDA 1.51  activate the business functions HCM_ESS_WDA_1 & HCM_ESS_WDA_2).

Business Package for MSS Add-On 1.0 here activate the business function HCM_MSS_WDA_1

deployment options for mss wdabap :

https://help.sap.com/erp_mss_addon10/helpdata/en/0d/d419a132c54befb6af6baf24398dec/frameset.htm

SAP Library - Business Package for MSS Add-On 1.0

if u want to use MSS Add on  business package you have to deploy EA_HR-MSS and EMBORGCH in your backend system

yu  need to deploy SAP Portal 7.04 Compatible  business packages for ESS/MSS.

BPERPESSWDA , MSS Addon 1.0 once you deploy this, you will see Web Dynpro ABAP portal role assigned with ESS Overview (WDA iVIew.)

BF SHOULD be activated in sfw5 :-

HCM_ESS_WDA_1
HCM_ESS_WDA_2
HCM_LOC_CI_11
HCM_LOC_CI_12
HCM_LOC_CI_21
HCM_LOC_CI_22
HCM_LOC_CI_26
HCM_LOC_CI_32
HCM_LOC_CI_33
HCM_LOC_CI_36
HCM_MSS_WDA_1

HCM_TMC_CI_2

FIN_TRAVEL_1

HCM_LSO_CI_2

HCM_LSO_CI_3

HCM_PD_UI_1

to download the business package from service market place: ask ur basis guy to install the above  packages :-

next u have to check system alias in the system administration  in UWL :-(portalside)

SAP_ECC

SAP_ECC_Common

SAP_ECC_Financials

SAP_ECC_HumanResources

SAP_EREC_TalentManagement

SAP_R3

SAP_SEM

SAP_WebDynpro_XSS

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi C Anderson

I pasted the wrong response previously into this message

It depends what you mean by "configure" ESS  - the step you have shown defines the back-end ECC system

There are many more steps required to fully configure ESS as required by most organizations

Best wishes

Stuart

anderson_cardozo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Stuart, thank you for your answer.

You right, so i need to find how to configure the integration ESS and MSS in portal 7.31  with ECC 7.40. How can i to see the main page about ESS and MSS.

stuart_campbell
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi C Anderson

The best configuration guide for ESS that I've seen is

"N06_BB_ConfigGuide_EN_US"

It was delivered by SAP best practices

SAP Best Practice documentation is available at

SAP Best Practices for Human Capital Management – SAP Help Portal Page

That said I am not sure the one mentioned is still available - there are new ones now for EHP5 and EHP6

Best wishes

Stuart