cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta initialization - from which point data is pulled first time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a question for a unique situation which may not occur in ideal environment, but just trying to understand working of delta mechanism.

Here are my assumptions - (Correct if any wrong)

1. When I activate any LO extractor (eg 2LIS_02_ITM), Extraction queue is automatically setup to collect data of all new postings.

2. Extraction queue is application wide and not at datasource level (eg MCEX02).

3. When INIT infopackage is run from BI, delta queue is created in ECC (RSA7). Running V3 jobs will bring data from extraction queue to delta queue.

My scenario -

1. Datasource 2LIS_02_ITM is activated and extraction queue MCEX02 is setup. Purchasing documents are now posted to MCEX02 extraction queue.

2. Delta initialization for 2LIS_02_ITM is done from BI and data is fetched to RSA7 delta queue regularly for 2LIS_02_ITM.

3. Now I need to activate new datasource 2LIS_02_ACC (Same application). When I activate this datasource, data starts collecting in extraction queue automatically. Lets assume that I need to fill setup table as well to load history data and after that setup delta for new documents. Below are the timestamps at which I will do my activities.

(Assumption - Data is already available in MCEX02 before below activities and I have not cleared extraction queue before activating new datasource)

1 PM - Activate datasource 2LIS_02_ACC

3 PM - Start Fill Setup tables job for 02 application (I will have all data upto 3 PM)

6 PM - Run init info-package from BI for 2LIS_02_ACC and setup delta.

7 PM - Run delta info-package from BI

Question - When I run delta info-package at 7 PM, will it bring new documents in delta which were posted from 6 PM onwards or will it bring old documents as well from MCEX02 queue (assuming I ran V3 job as well) as it was already setup and not cleared before doing this activity?

My understanding is I will get delta documents posted only from 6 PM onwards as it will setup delta timestamp when I run INIT.

-Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijeet,

You'll get all the data since 1pm. This is because all the new records will keep on acumulating in the extraction queue.

Now, though the Delta queue will have a time stamp of 6:00 pm. But the data from extracion queue will be moved to delta queue after 6:00pm when you run the V3 collection run.

Thus when you run the info package in delta mode after INIT, it will fetch all the data since 1pm.

Regards,
Saurabh Ojha

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

you can perform the below steps.

• Activate data source
  • Set up and init
  • delete and fill setup table
  • extract data to BW (full and delta)

as this extractor is in overwrite mode so if any records is duplicated in full & delta, it would not matter and the DSO will have the final snapshot as it would overwrite.

You can check the delta mode of the data source in table ROOSOURCE. Enter the Data source and check delta mode, it should not be ADD. In addition mode you need to take care of duplicate records in full & delta.

regards,

Arvind.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit and Raman,

I want to make a point here. As per your activity timings.

1 PM - Activate datasource 2LIS_02_ACC - By this activity, you will start getting all the new or changed data in extraction queues. This will include following activity:

a) Activate ds in RSA5 - after this no update to extraction queue happens. Meaning if you create new data it will not be stored in extraction queue.

b) Activate the datasource update in LBWE - Only after this you will have new/changed data in your extraction queue. Else you will not have any updated data.

3 PM - Start Fill Setup tables job for 02 application (I will have all data upto 3 PM) - By this activity, you will fill up your setup tables and these setup table will have all the data including the data created between 1 PM to 3 PM.

6 PM - Run init info-package from BI for 2LIS_02_ACC and setup delta. - By this activity, you will extract all the data only from the setup tables and not from delta queue. You will create delta queue which will appear in RSA7. However, from the time when you have activated the datasource at 1 PM, all the new or changed records will keep on storing in extraction queue.

I want to add one more activity here - Run V3 Program before delta extraction to move extraction queue data to delta queue i.e. in RSA7. Say, at 6:50 PM you run the program.

7 PM - Run delta info-package from BI - By this acitivty, you will be extracting all the delta data present in RSA7 queue. So basically you will get all the data from 1 PM to 6:50 PM in your deltas. And this could have repeated data too as you will have the data which was present in setup tables also.

Thanks

Amit

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhi,

Assuming as your init was successful at 6pm.

So records which are created or changed after 6pm will comes thru next delta.

Before delta triggering at bw side, we need to schedule V3 job at ecc side which brings data from SM13 or LBWQ(its depend on update mode @ LBWE)

Thanks