cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use 2LIS_13_VDHDR extractor for a NON SAP BW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have one question can I use the 2LIS_13_VDHDR extractor for extracting the data in a non SAP BW System?

At the moment I get the error "no active BW System". The extract structur is active. I had control this...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Susan,

I am sure that we can extract data to a non sap system from any datasource.

Currently I am working on integration of SAP with Informatica and we are using only datasources to extract our data and even these work in parallel extractions with SAP BW and Informatica both.

So I would suggest that you contact your basis team to establish the connectivity between the systems.

For starters, try below:

1. Check RFC connections in SM59.

2. Activate the datasource again in RSA5,LBWE etc.

3. Fill Setup tables.

4. Check ALE communication and partner settings in WE21/20 etc.

5. Check table RSBASIDOC if there is a logical system entry for your non sap system.

6. Ensure saprfc.ini file entries are correct on your non sap system

Ideally you should not have any errors if you have the correct communication settings between the ECC and non sap system.

Let me know your findings.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

we use the Business Objects Tool Data Service Designer to extract the data from SAP ERP. Is this possible to use the "2LIS" extractors?

Where did I find the connection information? Must I look in the CMS (Central Management System)?

In this way must I use an "ALEREMOTE" User ??

Thanks

Susan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sachinjakkaria
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to use standard data source of SAP ECC which are explicitly for SAP BW. SAP must have provide with connector for non sap system for which you are trying connect.

Regards,

Sachin.

RafkeMagic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first thing that is checked when you try to load from the Logistics Workbench extractors, is whether there is a connection to a BW system... so if you don't have a BW system, that's rather hard to do

you could "activate" the "embedded BW system" and try getting the data out that way, check the embedded analytics forum for more details

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Seems like logical mappings are referring bw system.

Please check with basis team, connect source and non sap systems properly.

Thanks