cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit the size of an mail form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the requirement to limit the size of a personalized mail, in order to prevent that the user saves a personalized mail which has the size of XX Mb (both attachment and e-mail body size).

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

as far I know standard does not provide such kind of a feature. However there are the following options to implemented the size check for the mail form:

• usually it is the attachments that increase the mail form size. If is sufficient to check the attachment size while uploading the attachment to the mail form. A solution can be implemented the following way:

Using BAdI CRM_DOC_AUTHORITY the upload of an attachment with a certain file size can be restricted. Please review the following SAP note:

720434  Content Management: Authorizations for documents

By implementing your own logic in the BAdI will prevent the users from uploading a document beyond a certain size limit. Use the interface CL_CRM_DOCUMENTS -> Method GET_FILE_INFO to get the file properties. Please refer to the following SAP note for further
    information:

632877 - CRM Content Management: API for document management

You may also read all documents attached to the mail form within the BAdI to perform the check against all documents.
  • you can also check the mail form size before checking. The check is performed in the following call stack:

31  METHOD CHECK_SAVE_ALLOWED CL_CRM_PML_ATTR_CONTEXT
    30  METHOD CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE CL_CRM_PML_MAIL_OBJ
    29  METHOD CHECK_BEFORE_SAVE CL_CRM_PML_MAIL_FORM_API

Either there or in the SAVE event handler on UI layer you can call some coding for checking the mail form size.

I hope this helps.

best regards,

Johannes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your answer!

Kind regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Through configuration it is not possible.  Just the size of the mail form  by saving in different format in that you have an chance of reducing the size.