Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sales Order template upload: Error 500, Internal Server Error

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Byd Experts,

I was trying to create new Sales Order from the Microsoft Excel template: New Sales Order.

After filling the data and clicking on "Save to Business Bydesign" I get the following error:

The weird thing is sometime it throws me back an error and warnings like: this Project Task ID is not valid for this Customer account, which means something is happening.

But just after getting this warning, I never got it again. I only got the 500 error, repeating and repeating!

I really do not understand why I get this error even without any modification done on the template. Actually I need to do modification to this Excel template (New Sales Order), but first it would be great if it works without.

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Jacques-Antoine,

The "Error 500" most of the time occurs because some data in the Upload Excel is wrong, Kindly use lookup function instead of entering the data manually.

Best Regards,

Vignesh Ravichandran

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vignesh,

By lookup, do you mean the function in the SAP ByDesign add-in to select values from ByDesign?

If that is the case,this function only works for certain fields. For example, in the New_Sales_Order template, only the Bill-to, Ship-to ID and Product ID have this function.

Quantity and UOM have not.

And if you add the Project Task ID in the mapping, it does not have the lookup function available.

Besides, when I do my tests, I always copy-paste data from an already existing and functional object. That is to say, here, when I try to create a Sales Order from the template, all the data is copied from a Sales Order which is working well in the cloud solution.

Finally, I did try to put wrong data for testing purpose and the server is raising errors like : Project Task ID not valid, or UOM not valid, even Product ID not existing, etc...

This shows how the template is recognizing the fields and their data well, but do not succeed in writing back in the cloud solution while a Project Task ID is filled in.

Thank you for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine Ollier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jacques-Antoine,

1. Use "Lookup" Fn in SAP ByDesign Excel add-in to select values from ByDesign server it will enabled only for certain fields, for the fields which lookup fn  is not enable, copy the value and paste the value using "Alt+Ctrl+V (paste only value)"  for respective fields.

2.  Try to upload single data(row) for testing purpose, which make easy to find out the root cause of error. Once the single data uploaded correctly after correcting the error then upload all the data’s

Thanks & Regards,

Vignesh Ravichandran.

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everybody,

So I dived a bit more in this issue and found that the issue is coming from the connection with the SAP Code List for Product.

I can Lookup the data in the Cloud Solution for Account ID and Ship-to ID, but the Lookup is sending me an error back when I try with the Product ID.

Moreover, if I try to save the Sales Order without any item, I can create a new sales order from the excel template without any problem. However, as soon as I write a Product ID for a line (which is a consistent one), it sends me back the Error 500. So I am not able to create any sales order with items in it.

If anyone has already encounter this, some help would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I will also post an incident to SAP as even the standard form is giving me this error, in 4 different systems.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

0 Kudos

Hi Jacques -Antoine,

Just wondering if you ever got a response on this, as I am now getting the error 500 while trying to post a journal and it is most frustrating and I am looking for a fix!

Thank you in advance,

Alan

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Alan,

No I did not get a useful answer from the SAP Customer service.

They answered me two times with the standard SAP Note showing how to customize a report, but this is not our problem.

So I am still waiting for a true investigation from SAP and a real answer, not a template one.

I will keep you in touch if I get an answer from SAP.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine