cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redwood job spool size

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

i would like to ask how to check redwood default spool size and is it feasible to increase the default spool size as there are a job that hit the error which the spool size exceed the limit. Below is the error message that i got. Anyone can give me some advice on this ?

regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

The default max size is 1MB. If your spool is bigger than this it will be ignored. You can increase this number by adding a Process Server parameter SAP_MaxSpoolSize on your SAP Process Server with a value bigger than 1MB.

Generally speaking I always say: only retrieve the spool file when necessary. You can turn off spool file retrieval on your job using the SHOWSPOOL parameter by setting it to N(o).

Regards Gerben

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gerben,

i would like to ask if there any issue if i set the max pool size to 3mb ? will this cause any issue ?

Regards,

Chris

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

If you have a lot of Operator Messages like "Size of spool ..." with a value between 1MB and 3MB you will have some additional overhead in bandwidth because more spool files will be downloaded to CPS. Also more file space will be utilized on the CPS server to store the files.

Like I mentioned in my previous post, for other jobs you can disable the spool file retrieval if you want using the SHOWSPOOL parameter.

Regards Gerben

0 Kudos

Hi,
Sorry for using an old thread. Does anyone know where to change the default value for SHOWSPOOL from Yes, to No, so i don't have to change it manually every time i import a batchjob?

Regards

Jakob

gmblom
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

On the SAP_ImportCcmsJobs Job, specify Download Spool: No (default is Yes).

Regards Gerben