SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

datasources in pos dm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am adding transaction types  in pipe engine settings to include new events like day open,day close etc.These events when updated into table through standard badi ,will they be brought down to bi only through standard pos analytics datasources provided or they need to extended by creating new datasources?can someone please shed some lights on

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Please see my below post on how to enhance the 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL with Zfields.

YES, it's possible to create custom Extractors, eg: If i need to create 'FOOT FALL' in a store, you can go with customized extactors using web DS.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

vikrant_mohite
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can see all these transaction types in standard data source 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL.

No need to extend it unless you are using customer extensions in your transaction.

BR,

Vikrant.

0 Kudos

so it means that whatever the customer extensions,they has to be go to either of given standard datasources and this datasources has to be enhanced with zfields*.there is no concept of creating custom datsources in bi to extract data from pipe..

0 Kudos

Both are possible.

Thanks,

Vikrant.

ramesh_duraisamy
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

Please see my below post on how to enhance the 0RT_PA_TRAN_CONTROL with Zfields.

YES, it's possible to create custom Extractors, eg: If i need to create 'FOOT FALL' in a store, you can go with customized extactors using web DS.

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

I need to create new transaction type(for ex  article not exists),can I enhance the standard bapi create_trans_ext to capture this new information(backend table remains constant) and existing standard pos analytics datasources(0rp*)  in bi has to be enhanced or

backened table and bapi both has to be enhanced and new datsource has to be created in bi.

can someone explain this in detail

0 Kudos

When you have decided to use separate transaction type, there is no need to enhance DS.

You can define new transaction type in IMG and same can be used.

0 Kudos

Hi Kalaiselvi,

When can you enhance the BAPI structure?

* If there is a relevant customer enhancements or based upon the requirements.

* Below is example, where we enhanced for Department,storke,markdown.

When we need to enhance BI POS Analytics data source?

If we need to enhance based upon adding new fields in POS. Also we need to decide with the field structure

Thanks and Regards,

Ramesh D

0 Kudos

As you said,considering your example ,can you please let me know steps to create new divisions like department,stroke etc which enhances the BAPAI structure

0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use the EXTENSIONS under Retail line item in BApi input structure.

Thanks,

Vikrant.