cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sample sales status - Rejected and approved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our business requirement is that samples are sent to the customer 1 or 2 months before actual shipment and they need to track each sample and it's status. Once they send the sample to customer, he may accepts or rejects. if rejects the sample with some quality parameters, again they will send the new sample with required quality parameter.

And also they don't want to go through SD sales process (sample order->delivery->invoice), since number samples are more and each sample around (500 GMS). Please let me know if there is any way we can capture this information.

Regards,

Chandra.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Chandra,

Are you maintaining stock of your sample material? If yes then you need to make delivery order otherwise just create sample order and maintain order rejection or accepted reason.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

From SD point of view we normally send sample using sample order > delivery process. Since you have already said that they don't want this process than how can they check the status and take a log of this process. If they will issue the sample materials from SAP using movement type directly then there will be no track of this process. Could you please share why dont they want to use SD process? May be we could give some suggestion for that.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mozzam.

As I said earlier number of sending samples are more in a month and also they will not bother about the sample stock, so they don't want to do all the three steps. Just they want to track the customer, samples product sent and the status (accepted or rejected) . please suggest me if we follow the SD process, can we track all the required data ? sample product sent .. accepted or rejected etc ..

Regards,

Chandra.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This process can be controlled with SD process easily. They have to maintain sample material's stock. Create sample sale order and delivery. If customer accepts then process completed here and if customer rejects then reverse this delivery and enter reason for rejection in sale order "Sample Material Rejected by Customer"

This is the best possible way to maintain sample materials deliveries customer wise and with statuses. There is no other shortcut in my mind.

If they think think process is lengthy and they don't bother it then they can maintain it manually.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Moazzam,

sorry for delay in my reply. As per your suggestion we will check the possible solution.

Regards.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chandra Babu KALLUR

You have marked this assumed answered. Could you please update what solution you cosed for this?

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Moazzam,

Still we have not finalized the solution  and we are planning to track this through QM module

Regards,

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Thank you for updating the thread. When you finalize the solution please share the details.

Thank$