cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ODBC Error when migrating from SQL Server 2008 to SQL Anywhere 12

0 Kudos

Hello community,

i have the following requirement:

I need to migrate a Database with some Demo data into a SQL Anywhere 12 Database. The SQL Anywhere 12 Database is part of the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP7 installation and came with the same as OEM Product.

The Environment looks like the following:

DB1 is a MS SQL Server 2008 R2 64 Bit running on Windows Server 2008 R2 64 Bit.

DB2 is the SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 SP7 installation with the shipped SQL Anywhere 12 (12.0.1.3873) Database running on SLES 11.3 64 Bit

CL1 is my Windows 7 64 Bit Client where Sybase Central is installed in 64 Bit. On CL1 i have a 64 Bit System ODBC Connection connecting to DB1 successfully.

Basically i followed the following (pretty straight forward) tutorial:

Migrating a SQL Server Database to SQL Anywhere White Paper-Technical: Mobile Enterprise, Database M...

When i want to test the connection from inside Sybase Central (During the migration process) i receive the following error:

From inside Sybase Central my connection looks as follows:

And from the ODBC Manager the connection looks as follows:

Personally i found is strange that the Sybase ODBC Driver Manager drops the error. I would expect that the MS SQL ODBC Driver Manager pops the error it its related to the ODBC DSN to DB1.

Any ideas?

Thanks and Regards

-Seb.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jose_at_sap
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

The data from the SQL Server database must be migrated to an existing SQL Anywhere database.  Could you please tell me where this SQL Anywhere database resides and how are you connecting to it?

The error message is saying that the connection to the SQL Anywhere remote database server is failing, as opposed to the connection to the SQL Server database.

0 Kudos

Hello Jose,

thanks for your reply. I made it run otherwise. I used an ETL Tool and moved the DB from MS SQL to SQL Anywhere.

Regards

-Seb.

chandrasekhar6
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

How migrate SQL Anywhere database to SQL Server 2008 in Data Services.

Thanks Advance

Thanks,

Chandra

Answers (0)