cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic start dates not updated in prod order when manually created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

My material is a FERT one and has an inhouse production time.

When I manually created a production order on it, I enter the end basics date (backward scheduling) and I do assume the start basics date is calculated accordingly to the in-house prod time. But this is not the case, the date is the same than the end date.

On another hand, when I run MRP on this material, and this one creates a planned order, the order finish and order start are different and do consider the in-house time. And when I create the production order from the planned order, the basic dates in the production order also take the in-house production time in consideration.

Do you know why it does not work in manual handling?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Olivia

The in house production time is not considered for a production order scheduling. This is standard and it cannot be changed.

The inhouse production time will be only considered to calculate the basic dates of planned orders.

When you convert a planned order to production order, system copies the basic start and basic finish date to the production order and, if you defined in the production order scheduling customizing (transaction OPU3) that the basic dates are not adjusted, system will not change these dates. It is similar to the manual creation of a production order where you input both basic start and finish date.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your promt answer and good explanation.

Answers (0)