SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reassignment Of Account Assignment Elements

former_member332492
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have used FBS Functionality upto 2013 and now we are going to migrate to BCS from 2014.

We Activated the 101 Profile and Payment Budget Only.

We have budget check for Service PO's in FBS , and we have not budgeted the Material PO's in FBS and derived the Dummy Commitment Item to not to check the Budget  in FBS.

For New Material PO's after BCS Activation from 2014 we are checking the budget by derivating Non Dummy Commitment Items.

Since we are migating to BCS from 2014 onwards, there are open PO's and Open GR's

We want to have the Budget Check for Open PO's and GR's also in BCS along with New PO's.

Example :

1. PO Created in 2013 for QTY 1000 * 10$ = 10000 $ - No Buddget check in FBS , Now after BCS activation in 2014 if we post GR for this PO we want budget check in GR.'

2. PO - 1000 QTY * 10 $ = 10000 $

and GR 500 QTY * 10 $ = 5000 $ -  No Buddget check in FBS , Now after BCS activation in 2014 if we post IR  for this PO we want budget check in IR and If we Post GR for another 500 QTY *10 $ budget check in GR after BCS Activation in 2014.

3. PO has 5 Line Items -No Budget Check in FBS, If we add 6th line item in PO after BCS activation , Budget check should happen.

Solution: Can we explore the "Reassignment of Account Assignment Elements" Functionality to address this issue.

Please help on this, How we will handle this situation after BCS Migration.

Thanks is advance for your help.

SAM..

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to reassign the open documents using FMCG/FMCT transactions. Obviously, derivation rules (FMDERIVE) should be changed in order to derive correct FM assignments for new items. Please, remember that GR/IR should adopt FM assignment from the PO and AVC control does not happen on GR level by standard behaviour (unless you modify the system, see note 142866 for reference).

This action is not linked directly to BCS migration and not impacted by it, unless you review your availability control strategy.

Regards,

Eli

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks For your Reply,

Before Using the Transactions FMCG and FMCT,

I did the below configuration.

1. Define derivation Strategy for Reassignment

2. Assign Derivation Strategy

In Step 1 :  I have created the derivation

Sender FUND and Sender Commitment Item as source fields

Receiver Fund and Receiver Fund Center and Receiver Commitment Item as target fields

and Condition is Value Type PO - 51

In Step 2 : I have Assigned Derivation Strategy

But Unfortunately Transaction FMCG is not selecting any Documents when i run in Test Mode.

Can anybody help on this, do i need to do any more extra configuration.

Thanks in advance

SAM..

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is FMCG selecting anything? Did you remove 'Display errors only' flag?

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for your reply.

FMCG is not selecting any documents. and i have not removed the Flag of Display Errors only.

Regards

SAM...

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, you should How would you know if FMCG selects something or not if you display only the errors? Unless, you are checking worklist via FMCR.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Even if i Uncheck the Display Only the Errors, then also system is not selecting and no documents are displayed in the output.

Is there any other configuration i missed out.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

SAM..

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If reassignment strategy is duly defined, then it should work.

0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Very Sorry for the late update on this.

Derivation Strategy is wokring correct only and transaction FMCG is selecting the Open Commitment FM Documents posted in FBS, but here while creating the PO we derived the Dummy commitment item , so there is No FM Document created. when i tried with the Open FM Document , then system is selecting the Reassignemnt values as per the derivtion rule.

This FMCG is only works for Open FM documents created  OR will it select the Dummy Commitment PO's also.

is there any other way for Reassignment  from Dummy to Budget Relevant.

Thanks In Advance..

SAM.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then, you should change the assignment first by FMCN, switching 'overwrite assignment' flag.