cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data overlapping on the outputs issued from VF31 Collective printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Experts,

I have a strange issue in issuing the outputs for multiple invoices through VF31. somehow, when I print 2 or more invoices through VF31 (Collective Printing / Batch Job Printing), the data values of the previous invoice are flowing onto the output of the next invoice.

For example, I have two invoices 1000 & 1001 for customers A and B respectively. when I issue the outputs individually through VF03, the outputs are fine. but when I issue the outputs through VF31, the general data entries such as telephone number, fax number etc of invoice 1000 (Customer A) are showing onto the output of invoice 1001.

Not only the maser data entries but we have experienced this in case of delivery numbers, SO Numbers of the past invoices are flowing onto the outputs for the subsequent invoices.

My programmer had fixed a similar issue previously where the delivery number of the previous invoice was showing onto the output of the subsequent invoice as it's delivery number and this caused great confusion. the programmer told me that some tables were not getting refreshed or something of that sort.

I Just want to understand whether there is an SAP Note that would help me in this. if not then I will have to raise this to SAP as this is definitely a bug in their standard program for VF31 which needs to be addressed.

Replies awaited

Thanks,

Siddhant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Navneetha.. I already know where the problem is and we had fixed the bug twice before but it keeps on occurring for different data parameters each time. I want to know how come it does not occur in single document output processing in VF31 & VF03.

@Reddy... yes I understand what you are saying and we already know where the bug is so I will ask my programmer to address it the same way as we did twice before.

@ Pedro .... we do not use standard forms so the behavior and the output elements will not be the same even if we try and use the standard forms. so I will try to fix this as a customized bug fix from my end.

Thanks all for the reply.

Regards,

Siddhant

0 Kudos

hi

I got same issue while mass printing invoices from vf31 amount in words in 1st invoice is as same as amount in words in 2nd invoice. Does not match with amount in number. While we get print single single invoices from vf03 it is matches to amount in words with amount in numbers .

Thanks and regards

Pm

AlexGourdet
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hi, we're glad you posted a question as a comment in an inactive thread which is a few years from 2014.

I want you to get the help you need, but you're unlikely to get any responses this way. Therefore, I'd like to offer some friendly advice:

* Try asking a new question instead at https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.

* Familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

* Take our Q&A tutorial at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as that will also help you when preparing questions for the community.

* Complete your profile by following the steps at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html, as a complete profile encourages readers to respond.

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the Best,

-Alex

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Wangikar,

There is a bug in the program , due to this you are getting wrong data in the print .

1. VF03 you will get data correctly because here only one invoice you are printing . at the program level also there is no problem .

2.VF31 here you are printing collectively so at the run time data is flowing one by one that means invoice by invoice , due to this at the program level LOOP is running and it is not been clear so that's why you are getting this error . check abaper to do necessary changes .

this is 100 % sure  there is a bug at the program level and not in data base table .

data base table to store the data at  the time of transaction, out put program will take those values and store in temporary at the time of program running . so it is not related to data base .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant

The issue is indeed in your program which is assigned to the output type. This is a standard issue in output types in mass processing mode because of ABAP bug. It is not a logical bug, but may be a technical bug. This issue happens when some values are not initialised but passed to multiple times in the same loop.

You run your VF31 once for one document and then for multiple documents in debugging mode, you will clearly know where the values are not initialised.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pedro,

We are using Z output types and programs but I don't feel the problem is with the smart forms or the program because the same output is correctly printing for a single invoice in both VF31 & VF03. its the multiple output processing in VF31 that is causing the error. and there is no specific pattern to the values that are overlapping. sometimes its the delivery number, sometimes its the phone number and fax number, sales order number, payment term text etc so I feel VF31 has some bug which is not letting the database table values get refreshed or something of that sort.

If there is no OSS note for this issue then we can raise this to SAP.

Let me know.

Thanks

Siddhant

pedrofreitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

I would advise you to please try with the standard programs and forms before raising this to SAP, as the first thing we'll do at SAP Product Support is to ask you to please check with standard programs if you still face the issue. That will save you the time. If even with standard programs and forms you are still facing the issue, then raise it. I have not found any notes or similar cases in the past, so it might be your programs.

Have a nice weekend,

Pedro

pedrofreitas
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhant,

Are you using standard output programs and output forms?

Regards,
Pedro