cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the source code in PAR file

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I used the PAR migration tool to migrate from PAR to EAR file. When I imported the EAR into NWDS 7.3, I was just able to see the structure and jsp files and could not find the java source code files. I would requires the java source code to make modifications so that deprecated APIs can be replaced and to also make the code compatible with JDK 1.6.

I think the original 7.0 PAR file itself does not contain the source code. I decided to use the "Include source code" option when exporting the 7.0 PAR.

I have the portal application DC project in my NWDS 7.0. However, when I try to export the PAR file using Export --> PAR File -- > Next... I am unable to select any project from the list. The list appears blank with disabled Next & Finish buttons.

I also noticed that in the portal DC application structure, there is a .sda file under /gen/default/deploy. Also there is no PAR folder under /gen/default/public.

How do I include the source in the PAR file so that I can edit the same after migrating to EAR format ?

Regards,

Melwyn

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

I have a portal DC which has the source code in a .java file. When I build the DC an sda file is created under /gen/default/deploy folder

There is no par file created with source that I can later use to generate the EAR using Migration tool. How do I go about generating the PAR file (with source) ?

Regards,

Melwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

DC and PAR/EAR stuff are different formats, SC/DC is an archive type used by NWDI, if I got it right.

How do I go about generating the PAR file (with source) ?

In fact through including the seources while creating the PAR/EAR in NWDS, but: no need to do that, you can also depack SDA (rename it to zip). If you wanna just see the Java sources you will find them there, otherwise decompile as Vijay already sad.

cheers

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Melwyn,

I think, SAP doesn't provide source code but you can decompile java code using JAD. download JAD.exe

Regards

Vijay Kalluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of application are you trying to migrate? If you have the source in your par already, ear will contain the same, its just another package type.

cheers