cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Sourcing to SAP ECC: Vendor Integration via PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sourcing experts,

I have a question: We are integrating a Sourcing system with SAP ECC via PI for transferring suppliers from Sourcing to ECC. We are using external numbering in ECC. Do we still have to activate the interface from ECC to Sourcing? From a content perspective I would say no since Sourcing shall be the leading system and the vendor number is the same as the external ID in Sourcing. However does the publish status get updated in Sourcing without the information coming back from ECC?

Thanks and Best Regards

Harald

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Supplier publish from SAP Sourcing should always be treated as a two way process.. meaning

Supplier being pushed from Sourcing to ECC and ECC pushing back the supplier to Sourcing.

The business reason for this is to ensure that the Supplier has been activated and authorized to transact in the ECC system.

Technically, this is accomplished by the use of status fields

When Supplier is pushed to ECC the status is set to 'Published waiting for response'

When Supplier successfully comes back to Sourcing then status is 'Supplier replicated' and these suppliers can participate in Sourcing events in SAP Sourcing.

Even though the status can be changed manually on SAP Sourcing (without supplier really coming back from ECC), this may not be a good practice as the document publishes may start failing..

Hope this clarifies..

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vekat,

Kindly tell me where we need to check the log of vendor replication.if the vendor is not updated in sourcing application that is replicated to ECC.

I am new to CLM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tamil,

You will need to investigate , please follow the steps below..

1. Check in ECC (Transaction WE02) to make sure the Vendor IDOC is sent out to PI

2. In PI (transaction SXMB_MONI) check to see if the vendor you pushed from ECC is reached here..

3. Also check in PI, if the vendor XML has been sent to the FTP server (configured with SAP Sourcing)

4.Check in the FTP server, you should either see the vendor XML file in the Upload folder (configured in the FTP configurations) or if it is already processed then you should not see it..

5. In SAP Sourcing, System administration page, you can check the status of the 'Import Data'.

6. If there are errors in the imported data you can try re-importing manually and check for errors, best would be to turn on debug Logging and look for errors in the log file..

All the Configurations mentioned above are part of the configuration guide.

Hope this helps

Prasad

Answers (0)