cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incompletion log at item level if a field is filled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I had a requirement to my client, in which requirement is such that, we need to set the incompletion log at item level for one field ie if the field is filled then system should give the incomplete message for that field.

Thanks in advance for all your expert advise.

Thanks/HK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

shashi_thakur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harish,

The purpose of In-completion Log is to not allow subsequent processing if a specific field is empty. This is to ensure that the system does not miss any data which is a must for subsequent processing. Going by your requirement, even if you define this particular item as part of the In-completion Log and somehow manage to trigger it if the field is filled-- Then what will be your next step? Will you go ahead and clear this field if so, then the In-completion Log will actually get triggered in the standard manner and the document will be saved as an incomplete document.

What is the business reason to get a alert for the specific field if it is filled. Who fills this field and what you actually want to do based on it?. These things if known- we might have a better solution than thinking of the In-completion Log alone.

Regards,

Shashi Thakur

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

This is not possible through incompletion log. For this you have to go for userexit. Check which field is it and ask your ABAPER to write code in program MV45AFZZ in relevant user exit.

Thank$

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is opposite of the actual incompletion log,instead why dont you hide the Field without filling

former_member212707
Active Participant
0 Kudos

What do you mean field is filled? Do you want to give an incomplete message when the field is actually populated with a value?

Am not sure if i understood the requirement correctly then.

If you want to give message when field is not there then just add the field to the incompletion procedure assigned to the item category. There must be multiple such discussions on the forum. Please search.

Thanks,
Ravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ravin,

Yes..I need to populate a field as incomplete if it contains a value.

Thanks, HK