cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product configuration and price

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

there is an interesting topic, which I need your help finding an intelligent way to solve this problem.

I need a WC which can calculate the price of a product based on its configuration in C4C.

Assuming a company has 2 different products. Each product has a standard configuration with a standard price.

The company's customers can configure the product. Based on the configuration, we have different price.

e.g.

Product A has a standard price of €100 with a standard color white, has 3 colors blue (+€10), red (+€20), yellow (-€10)

Product B has a standard price of €200, with 2 more features, feature X (+€30), feature Y (+€40), both features (30+40=€70)

The BO should automatically calculate the price based on the configuration.

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

Thanks a lot.^^

Cheers

Linh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Rachelhsu
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,
I have the same question for product price configuration.

Product A is using 2 colors (+20), advance logo(+30),special design (+20)...(+10),Total result=80 USD from supplier, and we have the same structure for customer in different price, like 2 colors (+40), advance logo(+100),special design (+50)...(+10),Total result=200 USD

Product B is using 3 colors(+30),advance logo(+50),special tattoo(+10)...(+20),Total result=110USD

from supplier, and we have the same structure for customer in different price, like 3 colors (+90), advance logo(+100),special tattoo (+100)...(+10),Total result=300 USD

In Byd,I just can fill in the total result into price list for customers and suppliers.

But It not the proper way and not accept by our customer.

From the experts already mentioned,

1.customize and create new BO, and any expert can provide more suggestions?

2.How C4C can help us to do so?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Linh,

This sounds like more of a functional question than a technical one.

I'd be pretty confident in saying that C4C has the capabilities to do this. As i assume you've investigated the system standard methods to handle this (like price specifications), you're looking to go down the custom route.

I would think that a custom Business Object can capture the relationship between the Product and the different possible configurations. As for the Work Center, it'd be set up to manage the possible configurations.

I'd see this as at least two custom Business Objects and one or more Business Object extensions. One custom B.O. is used to set up the possible configurations. A second custom B.O. is used to associate a specific per-document and per-item configuration back to the standard SAP Business Object (like Sales Quote). The Business Object Extension controls the generation of the second Business Object and the determination of pricing on the standard business object.

You could then use an embedded component to make this visible and able to be configured on a per-item basis on the Sales Quote or Sales Order entry screens.

You can then add the logic in ABSL to calculate the price and override the standard price.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Dan,

I will try your solution out and will let you know the progress.

Cheers

Linh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are able to develope this solution with the SDK Toolkit.

https://www.sme.sap.com/irj/sme/bydesign/overview?rid=/library/uuid/1033c4b9-c3f1-2e10-cf86-edfae2c1...

Regards Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manfred

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred,

What I am struggling with is the ability to communicate between existing BO and a new BO.

Plus, a way to configure the product and give out the price as the result with a pre defined list .

In case it is not possible to do so, using web service could be a solution. However, how can I:

1. from a BO call a method to an external application, which do the configuration and define price accordingly

2. after the external application is done, it gives a result and from here, I want to send through web service a result back

3. this result will be saved in an existed BO, says CustomerQuote

The question is: is it even possible to do so?

Thank you very much

Cheers

Linh