Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Form correctly rendered in IOS devices but not in Web client

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

we use XML form for news but for Project description form also.  We tried to "mobilize" repositories that contain XML form.  With IOS client, no problem the XML form correctly rendered (as HTML page I guess).  But when accessing  the same with (desktop) web client (/MCM/Browser) we get nothing.

We should solve this in order to mobilize XML form repositories...

Any idea ?

Best regards;

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ingo_kober
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

what do you mean exactly with "we get nothing" ? The web client as of now simply downloads all documents upon click, so no direct viewing. After clicking the XML file, it should be downloaded to your browsers default download directory.

Best regards,

Ingo

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

in web browser when I clic on XML form the system propose to download the file.  If I clic on Open I get a blank web (IE9) page.

If I check downloaded page the XML is dowloaded but as raw (XML format).

So with IOS client the XML is correctly parsed (as HTML file result) but in web browser it seems XML (data) is downloaded and cannot be displayed:

Best regards.

Vincent

ingo_kober
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

for what I can see from the screenshots, the XML document itself is downloaded correctly. Now whether IE9 can correctly display it after the download from Mobile Documents depends on the Browser itself, and not Mobile Documents. Could be that IE9 is not able to display this specific XML document for whatever reason. Have you tried displaying it in a newer version of IE or even in Chrome or Firefox ?

best regards,

Ingo

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

same behaviour in Chrome.  XML file is downloaded (raw version) instead being parsed and rendered as html display form.

I'going to attend to SP3 workshop.  I hope I can ask/solve this at this time.

Best regards.

Vincent

ingo_kober
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

so if your expectation is that the XML File is displayed right after clicking on it (in a new tab for example), this is not possible due to security reasons. We only trigger the download of documents from our Web Application, and no immediate display.

So in order to see the XML File, you need to click on it yourself after the download .

Regards,

Ingo

former_member202734
Participant
0 Kudos

I guess (I fear) it is the reason...

XML Form (cfr SAP standard XML Form Builder XML Forms Builder - Knowledge Management - SAP Library ) is a SAP standard portal to publish news.

We would like to be able to display it in SAP Mobile Document.  In order to display existing XML document (news, project forms,...) but perhaps as a way to publish important info for SAP Mobile document (a kind of read this first or maintenance announcement, or... whatever info).

It works correctly on an iPhone or an iPad.  It works too in Portal (of course).  But it doesn't work in MCM/browser.  So we cannot use this channel to publish info (existing or new).

Best regards.

Vincent