cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display additional document requirement codes on German declarations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAPians, I have a requirement to display additional codes representing the additional document requirements for German declarations. I am pondering over the solution(not a Z customization but a standard one)for quite a long time. Have any one of you configured this business requirement. If yes, please suggest me the ways to achieve this requirement in standard SAP.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Shiva,

I am assuming that you are talking about Additional Documents that are mentioned in the Document/Evidence tab of Customs declaration.

If I am right, you can have this maintained using Customs code list.

SAP Global Trade Services->SAP Customs Management->General Settings->Customs Code Lists-> Maintain Customs code lists for legal regulation.

You can use Code list PAPTY. Choose appropriate document type and mention you necessary codes. This can now be mentioned in your customs declaration. To default these automatically, use your Default data setup.

If this is not what you are looking for, please let us know.

Regard

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Dhilipan,

Thank you for your response.

As you are aware this requirement is for Germany and for all the German declarations we want to display the document requirements on all the declarations for ATLAS.

These codes are different for imports and exports and I want to display the export codes for export declarations and likewise for imports.

Now as suggested by you, if we maintain the documents in code list PAPTY, how do we differentiate it for exports and imports and pick up only the respective codes for applicable declarations i.e., export codes for export declarations and import codes for import declarations.

I was looking at the option of using authorization tab on the customs product master where we have options to maintian the documents for customs processing, but I hit a roadblock when I didn't find an option to maintian the codes seperately for imports and exports and call them during the respective declarations.

Hope, this helps to clarify my requirement/situation.

Regards,
Shivanand

former_member215181
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

Sadly, it is not possible to distinguish between Import and Export documents.  If, like me, you think it should be possible, then please vote on the Idea Place:

Direction Indicator for Documents in Customs Declarations

Regards,

Dave

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dave.

Regards,
Shivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shivanand,

I see your problem now. You are right. Customs code list applies for the whole legal regulation. So, differentiating between Import and Export is a big problem.

You can vote for the Idea suggested by Dave in Idea place.

As a workaround for now, you can try using Default Data setup. You can include Document type as a criteria and default appropriate Additional Documents in the declaration. Document type will be different for Import and Export. But indeed this is not going to solve your problem completely. Users will still find all relevant documents under the Documents/Evidence tab when they hit F4. But you can use Default Data setup to control the maintenance of these documents by users.

Let us know if this works.

Regards

Dhiliapn