MS SQL 2005 sp3

BCM 7.0 sp 4.100

Java 6 Update 21
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0sp2, 3.0sp2,3.5sp1
ASP .NET 2.0 Ajax 1.0
MSXML 6 sp2

a)
MS Windows which updates are critical?
What components of Ajax, Microsoft .NET Framework?

b)
Can I just install sp 7.0.7.0, or the need for consistent installation, 5.0, 6.0, 6.100, and then 7.0. Do I need to install the hotfix patches between or next patch includes the previous changes?

c)
In what order are the correct update BCM 7.0

d)
If this configuration does not conform to the requirements
should first prioritize by dividing

Application Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 En Standard 64bit

Database Server: Windows Server2008 R2 En Standard 64bit / SQL Server 2008 R2 En Standard 64bit.

What documents raspredleniyu and migration advise?

and only then proceed with the upgrade.

Has anyone any ideas on what to try next to get working or better yet does anybody know the exact solution?

Thanks in advance,

Eugene

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202106
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eugene,

Complex question and there is no one correct answer. This is how I would do it:

Analyze the need and adjust system requirements. For example your current setup is recommended only for DEMO & QA type of usage. It can of course be used with very small customers, something like 20 users but customer should know that installation is not how SAP recommend to build it.

1. Prepare new machines for SAP Contact Center with Win2012R2 & SQL 2012 conbimation which are supported from SP7 onwords, use separated machines for app and SQL. I recommend to use VmWare for example if there is a need to save costs. W2008R2 & SQL2008 combination is also supported.

I recommend to make new machines because upgrading from W2003 to W2012 can be quite a job.
Prerequisites can be found from SAP Note 1862779 (.net framework & asp.net)

2. Once the machines are ready you should move the services. This is not the easiest task and I recommend to contact SAP Contact Center approved partner and ask them to help.

If this is not an option then you should just upgrade the existing servers to newer releases.

Direct answer to your question:
a) SAP note 1862779
b) you can go directly from SP4.100 to SP7. Do the upgrade as guided in operations guide. (can be found from market place - under SAP Contact Center as we rebranded the product)
c) recommendation is to go directly from SP4.100 to SP7. You dont need to install SP5 & SP6.
d) The W2003 server is not anymore supported and your should upgrade that first. With 2012R2 you get longest possible support as 2008R2 is almost end of support. Prefer 64bit solutions.

As said you can make this complex project and in that case I recommend to contact somebody who have done it earlier. There is couple of partners I can recommend if you need contacts, in that case I need information where the customer is operating.

Regards,
Jukka
SAP Contact Center team

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, Jakka,

thanks for the reply,

appeared resources

Migration plan, prepare new machines for SAP Contact Center with Win2008R2 & SQL 2008R2, use separated machines for app and SQL.

Please suggest the correct steps to separate the database, at the moment the whole landscape is installed on the same server.

Requires separate database server on two servers, data and reporting.

Prompt action steps, share the first time in practice,

please give recommendations.

I understand that there are pitfalls.

Thanks in advance,

Eugene