Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax calculation difference in sales order and invoice

former_member619724
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Dear all

I have come across a perticular issue where tax calculation in sales order pricing is picking up correct value but in invoice it is calculating higher value.

But this is happening randomly in few of the invoices and not in all invoices. So unable to trace the exact problem area.

We are having VAT and CST taxes in pricing and both are in condition exclusion list.

If CST is found for interstate billing then, system excludes ZVAT condition and makes it inactive in pricing.

Before tax calculation, we are getting a base price on which we calculate taxes.

So

ZCST should be calculated on
1468: 1468*2%=
29.36, but it is being
calculated on 1541.40 which is coming to 30.83

CST is calculated as below on 1541.40:

What is happeing:

Eventhough ZVAT condition is inactive, system is adding 2% on 1,468.00 which is 1541.40

And on top of this it is calculating ZCST value.

Actually it should calculate ZCST on 1468.00.

If I see sales order, system has calculated ZCST correctly:

ZCST is calculated in 7399 i.e. 7399*2%= 148

Why system is calculating CST differently in sales order and invoice

Why it is happening randomly in few invoices and not in all the invoices.

I checked condition types ZCST and ZVAT but both are perfect. Excusion setting for both the conditions is also perfect.

Pls find attached dosuments:

File Tax issue 1and 2: for wrong taxt in invoice

File Sales Ord_Tax_Correct: for correct tax calculation in SO.

Pls guide me how to solve this issue, which will help a lot.

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

both CST and VAT condition Records will be controlled by the customer region and region of the plant.

so CST only will be maintained as condition record if the both regions are Different and VAT will be maintained only if the both regions are same

by the above maintenance you will have Full control on the tax conditions

confirm if you maintained the records in this way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Is both the pricing calculated in sales order and invoice is from same pricing procedure?

If not, kindly check on the assign document pricing procedures to billing types.

If you have the pricing procedure is same, kindly check on the copy control for conditions.

Thanks,

Balaji. R.

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Apart from Tax Conditions check whether any other pricing condition has been triggered in Invoice by comparing it with the Sales Order.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pravin,

Please check your Copy Control Settings between the order and Invoice. Try with "Copy pricing as it is from the reference document".

Please share the outcome.

Regards