cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2013 Crashing when linking views

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am attempting to link to views together in CR2013. Crashes everytime. I have duplicated my settings from CR2008, which works fine. Any help is much appreciated.

Crystal Reports 2013 SP1

Connecting to Oracle Database

Window Server 2008 R2 Enterprise

Database dll - crdb_ado.dll

Provider: MSDAORA

Andy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First thing I'd recommend is updating to Service Pack 4. If you have a S user ID, you can log into the SAP Service Market Place and find it there. If you do not have SP 4, contact sales and they will be bale to provide a download link for you:

866-681-3435

Worldwide Office Locations | SAP

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got the SP 4 update and installed. Still the same result with the app crashing when linking two tables.

Andy

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy

Make sure the %TEMP% directory has read / write permissions.

Other than that, you'll have to get into more details re. "crashes": Error messages? Behavior? Symptoms? Screenshots?

Are you able to connect and link two tables in another database (MS SQL, Access? Etc.)?

Any luck with ODBC connection - if only as a test?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

No luck with the TEMP directory. Full read-write permissions set. Still crashes when linking tables or views. I will post screenshots once I return to the office this week.

I do have an instance of Crystal Reports 2008 on the same server that works like a charm. Would this be causing any of the difficulties?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CR 2008 will not affect CR 2013 at all. Perhaps limiting the number of tables and views brought back to the report?

- Ludek

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Try using Oracle's native database driver and see if that helps.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried it. It still crashes when trying to link multiple view.

Also of note - a single view will come over without issue. It is just multiple views and setting up their links.