cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print to crystal report from WPF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I've a question regarding linking a crystal report to my WPF application. I already have crystal report which details all the information about a particular Job. In my WPF application, user will enter the jobnumber and all the details of that job will be printed on the crystal reports. The crystal report is ready. How do I integrate crystal report with the WPF application?

The user will enter the jobnumber using the WPF form. I will have to match that job number in the database and call the crystal report to display all the information about that job.  I've already created simple application in WPF that takes jobnumber from the user and just prints it on a page(not connected to database). Can somebody give me a hand on this? Does anyone have a sample application for reference? It would be a great help for me.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amol

I moved your post to the SAP Crystal Reports, version for Visual Studio SCN Topic Space.

First thing; you need to have the right version of CR. Then you need to have the right version of .NET. As that info is missing, here go the assumptions:

You are using VS 2010, or 2012, or 2013

You are using "SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET", SP 10

"SAP Crystal Reports, Developer Version for Visual Studio .NET" SP 10 can be downloaded from here:

Make sure you use the install exe on your development computer.

The have a look at the following:

New Crystal Reports for Visual Studio 2010 WPF ... | SCN

SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide

SAP Crystal Reports .NET API Guide

And finally, use the search box in the top right corner. Simple search strings are best. E.g.; crystal met wpf', will bring up a number of resources.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Yes, I'm using Visual studio 2010 and SAP Crystal Reports 2010.

Thanks,

Amol

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good. The resources I posted in my previous reply should help a lot.

Happy coding,

- Ludek

Answers (0)