cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Target Group build issue when no BP's meet criteria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am building a automated process which rebuilds a Target Group everyday.

The actual Target Group Build Looks like this.

* Day 1 Build Target A - All BP's meeting criteria

* Day 2

----- Build Target B - Same selection criteria as for Target Group A

----- Build Target C - Select from Target Group B where BP's from Target Group A; only when they exist on B

• So
    • if Target Group B has 210 BP's
    • and Target Group A has 200 BP's
    • Then Target Group C will have 10 BP's

Once the Target Group C is build, Target Group A is rebuilt in preparation for the next days comparison.

So the issue I face is that in some case there may not be any new BP's selected in Target Group B, so the expected result of the Target Group Build should be 0. But from what I understand....Target groups are not permitted to exist with 0 Business Partners. When the regeneration of the Target Group occurs it just redisplays the same result from the previous day...from the above example this would be 10, when it should be 0.

Is there a standard way to cater for this occurrence?

Regards

Panduranga

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranga,

you can create a dummy target group and you can assign it to a campaign. Such dummy target groups are used in multi wave campaigns. Are you looking for such campaigns?

Also, it appears that you are preparing a periodical campaign ! If yes, then you can adopt a strategy that I have mentioned above.

Rgds

Hari

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kavindra_joshi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A question here if Target A and Target B have same criteria why are the nos being different ?

~Kavindra