cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate Webdynpro DC to 7.3

0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to migrate the Webdypro Dcs from 7.01 to 7.3.

When I use the migration wizard, it copies all the methods, events, handlers and context from interface controller to the component controller.

Then the wizard tries to delete the implementation coding from the interface controller. But it gives me build error if any of the method has any return type other than void.

Has anyone faced the same issue? Please give me suggestions

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Everyone, This got resolved.

let me explain the issue.

in 7.0 i have some methods in interface controller with return type not void.

when I migrate, first this method signatures will be copied to component controller. now I get error in component controller as there is no return mentioned in the method implementation.

then we copy the method implementation from interface controller to the component controller.

new step is delete the interface controller implementation.

Now I get build error in the interface controller implementation. because when they deleted the implementation , the controller is still there and no return.

So I made the methods void first and then did the migration. then it worked.

Thanks for all your inputs

nikhil_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

During 70 to 73x migration, there are manual changes in source code that are required though. Didn't came across such migration. Guess the cheat-sheet has addressed or otherwise manual changes are needed.

Nikhil

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The 7.3 version interface controller implementation is not available. Here only available controller editor.Just you need to create the methods. This method names should be same in component controller.Reaming same in 7.0.And one more thing one component to other component navigation and fireplugs are implementation available in windows level.

I hope this is solved your problem.

BR,

Durga Rao.

0 Kudos

Hi Durga,

What I am talking is about migrating from 7.0 to 7.3.

NWDS migration tool helps to migrate 7.0 to 7.3 which will copy all ur methods/context/etc to comp controller to make it compatible with the 7.3.

So in 7.3 we have some methods in interface controller which has the return type not void. while doing migration I get build errors.

are you suggesting not to keep any methods in interface controller in 7.0 also before migrating?

Thanks

vdurgarao09
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

7.3 you can have some methods in interface controller .That methods are having return types.Those methods should be  like.

Public String xyx()

{

String xxx="";

return xxx;

}

That time you will not get any build errors.This is you need to do before migrating. In 7.3 migrating after you can not edit the implementation in interface controller.I Suggesting you need to maintain the in component controller methods name should be same for  interface controller.Other wise before migrating remove the method's in  interface controller. The methods your using any other place,you need to comment the method,after

migration completed copy past the component controller methods into interface controller.

BR,

Durga.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please send the build error. what you are getting.

Mean while please look at the troubleshooting document

http://scn.sap.com/community/web-dynpro-java/blog/2013/02/22/migration-of-web-dynpro-java-dcs-from-7...