cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDI Separator Receiver Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone help me in resolving the below..

We are getting an issue in the below scenario. EDI Separator is not splitting the ISA segments as exepected in the below scenario.

X12 850 EDI document is available in the source folder with 4 ISA segments

First 3 ISA Segments are having Segment Delimiter as "~"

Last ISA segment is having "LF" as delimiter.

In the above case when EDISeparator is splitting the ISA segments it is considering only the first 3 and the last one is ignored. ECC is receiving the orders from the first 3 segments.

But when the EDI Document is changed to have the ISA segment with delimiter "LF" as first segment then EDISeparator is able to seperate all the ISA segments and ECC is receiving the orders available in all the ISA segments.

Could someone please let me know if there is any note for the above issue or is it something that is not done correctly in the EDISeparator receiver configuration.

Thanks in adva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Looks like your input data is wrong.

As per EDI standards, ISA and GS segments occurance should be one / file, ST segment can repeat multiple times.

You can ask your customer to send EDI 850 X12 file as per EDI standards, Still if they said no, at least you can ask them to send last ISA segment delimiter as  "~" .

No need to change manually.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

Thanks for the response.

Data is collected from multiple partners and maintained in FTP server. So each file can have multiple ISA segments with different delimiters. This is working when the ISA segment with Line Feed is available at the beginning of the file but not in any place else. 

So note sure if this is limitation in EDISeparator.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Got you.

Please check SAP Note: 1975469.

Symptom:

When X12 input with multiple X12 message starts with spaces before ISA segment or
has linefeed or carriage return and the message is received in EDI Separator
the segment is not recognized and fails giving exception
java.util.NoSuchElementException

Reason and Prerequisites:

EDI Separator splits X12 message by parsing message in Tokens. If the ISA segment
starts with space or has line feed or carriage return in between the token is
not recognized and causes the exception.

Solution: Please download the patch from Service market place and apply the patch.

Refrence link : SAP Note 1975469 - Spaces or Linefeed between ISA segment causes excpetions

Hope it will resolve your problem.

Thanks & Regards,

A.Neelima.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelima,

We already implemented the note but still the issue exists. Also one more thing is that there is no error in the log ... 

Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I quickly checked the message specifications.

Are you sure the content is correct? Do you have an example?

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for the reply.

Attached is the file i'm testing with. I don't see any issue with the content.

Only the first 3 are separated and transferred to ECC and the last ISA segment is ignored from the attached file. But if i make the last ISA as the first then all order from all 4 ISA segments are transferred to ECC.

I don't see any special or hidden character also in the file.

Thanks in Advance

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see that the first 3 messages contain the same ISA segment.

Only the last message seems to have an incomplete Component Element Separator (ISA16).

First 3 have >~

The last message has only >

I'm still not convinced the input message is correct.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Last ISA segment is having the line feed as the segment separator. I don't understand why the file is working if i move the last ISA to the first ..

Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you attach the file, after your modifications, which is working correctly?

Thanks

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dimitri,

Thanks for taking time to check this..

Attached is the file that is working

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you offer that txt file at once to SAP PI or are that 4 different files to be offered to SAP PI?

Even if you use a X12 envelope, the ISA segment may only occur once.

Kind regards,

Dimitri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, Entire file is processed at once by the FILE SENDER Adapter ..

Thanks

Dimitri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Very strange because I guess that is not correct, having multiple ISA segments within 1 envelope.

But I'm not an expert in that matter. I just checked Google for the message specifications.