Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COPA Assessment - On Hana

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Friends! I need a little help with the following scenario.

My current project is a re-implementation of SAP. The Legacy SAP was implemented on 1998 and they create a BI in SQL in order to create whatever report they need with huge detail.

The project is ON-HANA, so the primary database is hana. We just begin to evaluate the required assessents from CostCenters to CO-PA in order to give the level of detail required by our customer. (we have about 1000 cost centers)

We spend last week creating a xls sheet with more than 80,000 lines, representing all the possible combinations of Accounts / Cost Centers. Then, we group combinations of cost centers-cost elements and create about 3000 assessment segments .  We think with this number of segments, we can create all the reports we have on the list of CO-PA and BI/BO.

I know this number of segments imply lot of work creating and updating the cycles but this is not our concern.

Im doing some research, My questions are:

+ Any of you have experience running assessments on HANA ? Could you share your experience?

+ Any of you know a customer with this number of segments about 3000 or more? On Hana? How much time they spend running the cycles (I know this question is subjective and depend on the hardware)

+ Any of you know where i can find benchmark about processing times of assesments?

I really appreciate any idea about this, because its quite difficult to find customer with hana.

Thanks.

Arturo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo,

I many not be able to answer your question. However, i would like to share my experiences.

I have recently been in a project where the client was using HANA Side car.

Case : There was a cycle that was having more than 600 segment and the Database selection was nearly 38 min (despite being on HANA).

We have used allocation Structure and PA Transfer Structure and reduced the cycle to 16 segments the database selection time was reduced to 0:30 seconds.

You might have already thought of it, but in case you did not, i suggest you to use allocation Structure and PA transfer structure. unless you have a separate ratio for  each cost element posted to your cost center.

Before i end this...i would like to thank you for your services to the community and people like me

Thanks & Regards

Surya

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya. Thanks for share and for your words!

600 segments in 38 mins sounds good!

With rule of 3rd, my 3000 segments spend about 3 hours.

suryavarma_co
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arturo senosain,

But why would you need 3000 segments...you can split into multiple Cycles with different run groups and run them paralley...

Can you please let me know why you are planning to use ...just wanted to understand the business need for my learning

Note : The above referred segments of 16 and 600 segments are related to the same cost centers and we have reduced them to 16 from 600 as there is no need for 600 and achieve the same result.

i belive i read a OSS note by SAP asking to restrict the number of Segments in a Cycle to 50 and the combination of Senders and receivers should be under10000

Thanks & Regards

Surya

ArturoSenosain
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Surya.

Thanks again for your time!

Yes, we are going to split the segments in cycles and create cycle groups to do parallel processing and all this stuff. But the number of segments is still 3000. This segments are combination of grups of accounts and groups of cost centers, so they are a unique key (100% sure of this statement).

Also the receivers combinations are different I mean, each of this segments have different receivers. We spend lot of time analyzing this, more than one week. In the legacy system, they have about 80,000 combinations in a SQL table.

The reason of this detail is the way the company pay variable commission to the sales force. In the original request for proposal for the project, this was a requirement so we have contractual issues if we don't accomplish this requirement.

And yes, the max number of sender/receivers combinations is 10000, this is explained in this old  oss: 79224 - Allocations Performance problems solution 1

Answers (0)