Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

_sys_dataprov is locked in HANA

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

We have set SLT to SAP HANA.

The initial tables which have to be loaded i.e DD08L, DD02L and DD02T all are in scheduled status since long.

I realized that the user _SYS_DATAPOV is "deactivated" as the "password is expired".

I tried to change the password with "SYSTEM" user login but no luck.

I also created a user and assigned it with data admin, user admin rights then tried to change it using that user.

But still no luck.

1) Could you please tell me how to enable _SYS_DATAPOV  user?

2) For the tables not getting replicated is due to the above user getting deactivated ?

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

acaireta
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I enabled the ESS (Embedded Statistics Service) and after migration me these two alerts appear:

"The password for database user _SYS_DATAPROV will expire on 06/30/2014 at 10:25:39. If the password expires, the user will be locked."

"The password for database user _SYS_EPM will expire on 02/01/2015 at 11:58:39. If the password expires, the user will be locked."

The SYSTEM user does not have permission to modify "_SYS_EPM" and "_SYS_DATAPROV" users.

Someone knows how to solve this?

Thanks.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

See SAP Note 2173202.

acaireta
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your quick response! King regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

_SYS_DATAPROV is a technical user and so a password logon is generally not possible. Therefore the password expiration of this user isn't critical and can't result in problems. If you face problems, I assume it is caused by another issue.

With SPS 08 alerts regarding password expiration of these technical users are erroneously issued. You can ignore them.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

and there is no way how to disable this check? I didn't find it in settings for alert, so I don't know the number of this check. I know I can ignore it, but it does not look good that I got a medium severity alerts on the system because of expired password for user which can't be activated (_SYS_DATAPROV).

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just disable the password lifetime for this user then.

That's common practice for technical users.

- Lars

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lars,

Can we change internal user?

I've tried this with SYSTEM and below is the result returned:

insufficient privilege: Alter of internal user is not allowed

Former Member
0 Kudos

exactly Nicholas,

I cannot resolve the issue with alert about expiring password for _SYS_DATAPROV even that it is already expired for long time and nobody uses this user, but since its internal I can't make it non-expiring or delete it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Have you tried to activate it with the schema user that has been created in HANA as a part of SLT configuration?

Regards,

Joydeep.

former_member185165
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Joydeep,

I doubt that the user created by SLT would be able to activate this.

I will try anyways and let you know.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

nicholas_chang
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

We got the same issue and do you find out what's the prob?

From the SLT guide, this user only can be activated when a SLT configuration is setup and will be lock if not using for 128 days due to password lifetime?

Thanks,

Nicholas Chang