cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP Debug mode run cannot get any record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I get a issue with DTP debug mode (Serially in the Dialog Process (for debug)). When I run the DTP in debug mode, there is no data.

While normal run (Serial Extraction, Immediate Parallel Processing) can get data.

The data flow for this DTP is:

DSO ->InfoSource(BI7 Infosource) -> Info Object.

Is it because there is a infosource in the middle cause this issue?

Thanks for help!

Dongkai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help!

That DTP is full load so no next "real" concept. Every time it bring all from source to target.

Also since the source is DSO, there is no "Paralel Extraction" in extraction tab.

Now I think I understand the reason, it should be a bug in new Service Package 12(SAPKW73112). I say that is because we have BID/BIQ/BIP all upgrade to SP12 and have the same issue. While we have a sandbox BIT which is SP2(SAPKW73102) and copy from BIP before. In that sandbox system same DTP the debug mode can get same number of record as normal mode.

Since SP12 is pretty new, I guess SAP not realize that bug yet.

For my issue, I have tried a workround to do the debug.

Thanks again!

Dongkai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried to uncheck "Paralel Extraction" in extraction tab?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zhang,

I hope you are not using delta DTP.

If you are using delta DTP then as you have already loaded delta in target provider. Next delta is zero. So i hope you are not making such a mistake of debugging Delta DTP after loading all records.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashish!

Very good point to check. While it is full load. I ran many times get same number of records in normal mode...

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dongkai

This might be because of filter options. I understand that you run the same DTP with same filter conditions.

But there is a filter for debugging alone which might have been selected by someone else or by you in earlier cases for some reason.

Before clicking on Simulate, check Expert Mode option next to it. and then click Simulate.

You will get the filter screen for debugging which is not the same as your normal DTP filter.

Try and let us know if it works

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks mate!

I have checked the pop up selection screen in expert debug mode, it is exactly same as normal run mode.

I also try remove all filters in expert debug mode while still 0 record come.

Regards,

Dongkai

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dongkai

Did you get to see some progress on this?

I have tried a lot to replicate the scenario in our sandbox which didn't work out for me.

Just a few suggestion, may be trial and error. Could you please try creating a new DTP and check if that works.

Or apply some filter and try to debug, say a single material and check what come out.

Set breakpoints in the generated program before extraction and see where it checks data for extraction.

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks very much for your keep helping mate!

Actually I have tried all you mentioned these days.

1. New DTP same issue.

2. filter only 1 material, debug still 0 record while normal load 26 records.

3. Set break point then run the program: I set external break-point in the program then run DTP in normal mode, while not sure why the program not stop at the break-point.

4. I use "/h" do the debug mode, as there is a pop up window ask do I want to monitor, after click ok, the debug mode been ruined...

Still researching, I will create a new target see then copy the transformation see if that can help.

I will let you know what I found.

Cheers,

Dongkai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pls paste here all the screenshots. Starting from DTP mode to debug selection to output. It will help us in analyzing the issue.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dongkai

Tried something for you. See the below information from SAP documentation.

Simulating and Debugging DTP Requests - Data Warehouse Management - SAP Library

1) When you call the simulation from the DTP monitor, the filter settings that are displayed as initial are copied from the request displayed in the monitor.

2) When you call it from the DTP maintenance, the filter settings displayed as initial are copied from the next "real" request of the DTP

The information I want you to check is highlighted in the second point. When you run the debug without any selections, it will consider the filter for next real delta request. If there is no delta data available in source, it will consider as zero right.

Do you think this is what is happening in your case?

If possible, run the debugging for full DTP with one material in selection.

Regards

Karthik