cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appraisal document not opening from MSS Workitem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all gurus,

Employee completed the Appraisal and send for approval for manager. Manager getting the appraisal document in workitem. when he tries to open the appraisal document of employee for approval or reject, it is not opening and instead the notifications (same page) is opening .

What is missing..??

when i click on the appraisal document, the same page is opening as below

Any notes needs to implement.??

Thanks,

Namsheed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Actually we are facing the issue in PRD. In Quality we were using the SAP_ALL authorization.

When I removed the SAP_ALL from QTY, there also we are facing the same issue.

But in SU53, there is no authorization is missing.

How can I find out which authorization I have to give to solve the issue.??

Thanks all ,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

ask ur basis consultant to take authorization trace from ST01  ...there u can know which authorizations are missing and follow below notes also once :-

1600380 - Appraisal Document does not open in portal

1408243 - Configuration for object-based navigation

1416756 - OBN Configuration in Performance Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jwala,

All the 3 notes you mentioned are not implemented in DEV & QTY and it is working perfectly in our system.

Also we are not in Portal, but in NWBC.

Can u tell what all authorization are required for Appraisal in NWBC.

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Namsheed,

This problem looks more on missing authorizations.

Please activate the trace for the user,   then run the cycle again  and check to find the complete list of missing authorizaions

More over if this problem is happening for all employees,  then this has something to do with the authorizations to Template ID .  Please check

thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi S Nathan,

Can u tell how can I check the trace for the user.

1 more thing, when I open the appraisal document for the first time, usually i get a OBN Error.

mss_wl.navigate_appraisal_document couldnt find. Ask administrator to provide a role with relevant OBN entries.

I SU01, In MSS Role, Workoverview , I have given the obn entires.

Then I am not getting the error.  But when  I open the workitem appraisal, it is opening the same workitem again instead of opening the appraisal document.

Also I have corrected the DEV without SAP_ALL. and I have got the same issue, then I have added all athorizations into a single role and finally it is working in DEV without sap_all.

I have then imported the authorization role from DEV to PRD. but still it is not opening.

No authorization missing in SU53 also.

any note needed..?

We are in EHP 7.4

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

See the Screenshot

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jwala,

I read all the 3 links,

can you please tell what exactly I need to do.?

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Namsheed,

Please find the reply.

Your question : How to switch trace for user

Answer:

Step 1. Go to Tranaction ST01

Step 2: Select the check box "Authorization Check"

Step 3: In general filters enter the username for which you wanted to switch on the "Trace for user
             only" field.

Step 4: save, so that the trace will be switched on for the user

Step 5 : Run the required tranaction with the User for whom you wanted to analyze

Step 6 After completing again go to Transaction ST01 again to switch off the trace and click
           on analysis button to view the complete trace for that user.

Pls note: Do not forget to switch off the trace and Make sure you are setting the trace only for the selected user (from perfomance prespective).

Your Point "No Authorization Missing in SU53".

Answer:  Normally SU53 might tell the only the recent authorization check, if it had failed or passed.

The best way to analyze is to trace the user from the begening of the process to its end,
                and then analyze the data.

By looking at the sceen shot it is clear that some parameters that you have given in the OBN,  is not mentioned  in the Role.  Please check if it is something to do with the template id.

Please check the link OBN (object based navigation) errors - Technology Troubleshooting Guide - SCN Wiki

Thanks

Nathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you checked the SWFVISU tcode. You have to configure the tasks used for workflow in this tcode.

You can compare the them in QRD and PRD.

please refer the link . It talks about roles and authorisation:

Regards

vaibhav juneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

I haven't used the Tcode SWFVISU in Quality n Development. It was working perfectly fine.

But I am checking there..??

Do you know how can I solve this OBN error..?? Where I need to maintain this OBN & how ??

Also we are not in EP, NWBC !!

Not getting any idea where to give this OBN..??

Thanks,

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

OBN is Object based navigation. Ask your portal guy to look into this.

You can look at this PDF link : http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/20faaa02-7521-2e10-d598-8b03c91c4...

It is for portal but will surely give you idea. This is to be done by portal consultant and they uses SWFVISU also.

Regards

Vaibhav Juneja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vaibhav,

I am checked the link you mentioned.

And there in no portal consultant here since we dont have EP.

I have given same roles, same authorizations, same profiles in DEV , QTY & PRD.

Its working in DEV n QTY. but not in PRD

Let me knw if you got any idea.

Thanks,

Namsheed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The issue is solved. I haven't done anything in SWFWISE or any OBN Configuration.

I have recreated the same issue in Development by removing all authorizations, SAP_ALL, just kept the copied role  ZSAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3 from SAP_MANAGER_MSS_NWBC_3.

By this I got the same OBN Error. Then there were some authorizations missing which I have got from SU53 added into a single role & given to the user.

I have also added the role ZSAP_BC_BMT_WFM_NWBC_END_USER to the user.

Now the issue is solved. Then I downloaded all these roles from PFCG & Uploaded into Production.

Also created the profile & generated the authorizations.

Alas, Thank god. It worked

Thanks all for the help .

Namsheed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot S Nathan for your details explanation

Your reply really helped.

From now I will use ST01 for all authorization issue.

Regards,

Namsheed.

Answers (0)