cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the business scenario to use inbound Delivery Document EL , also where is option to transfer that ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Can someone explain when do we use inbound Delivery Document EL (Shipping Notification) , also where can I get the option to transfer that from ECC to GTS.

I could only see below options from ECC under Material Management

Transfer Purchasing Document

Transfer Material Documents

Thanks

Akhil..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

EL is the standard inbound delivery type that is created with reference to a Purchase order in the Import scenario (if we consider it from the point of view of SAP GTS).

Actually, in the area for GTS Plug-In in the feeder system and further in the node: Configure Control Settings For Document Transfer, you could see the entry for Application area MM0B (Inbound delivery). Under this Application area itself, the concerned inbound delivery type EL is defined with relevant services. This document type can be configured for services on the Compliance and Customs Processing areas.

Hope, you got your answer now.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

Thanks for you reply.

In configure control settings I can see MM0B Appilication Level is there but Under Initial transfer of Documents , We have the below options

Sales & Distribution (3 Options)

Transfer of Sales Documents

Transfer of Outbound Delivery Documents

Transfer of Billing Documents

Material Management ( 2 options)

Transfer Purchasing Documents

Transfer material Documents

So here my doubt is can we manually transfer inbound delivery document ?

Also I am getting below error while doing PGR for Inbound delivery with delivery type EL

SAP GTS: Legal Control: Purchase order xxxxxxxxxx is locked is locked

Message no. /SAPSLL/PLUGINR3008

Document level mapping is done, any further settings required from ECC or GTS side ?

Thanks

Akhil..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Yes, you can manually as well as automatically transfer this document type from the feeder system to the GTS system.

It should also reflect in the document transfer area  in the Feeder system GTS cockpit and further ,for this document type to be transferred to the GTS system, an associated BADI also needs to be activated. For reference, please see the attached screenshot of this option from the feeder system GTS cockpit.

If this is not getting reflected for you, please share the version and SP of GTS solution that you are using right now.

Also, for more information , you can go through the implementation guide, if available for your version on the SAP service portal.

Now, coming to your second point, this is a standard and common error that a normal GTS consultant comes across.

As a solution to this, please check if your PO is blocked at the GTS end for any service or chances might be sometimes that it can be there in the technical incomplete documents list as well. Please check your PO in the GTS system for both the possibilities and then resolve it to continue with required GR.

Hope this is the required information required by you. For more, please do let me know about it.

Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman

You are right , seems its a old version, please find the attached screenshot.

Component Version - EHP6

Release - 10.50.1600

So in this version is there any way to manually transfer Inbound Delivery Document ?

For my second doubt I will check as per your instruction .

Thanks

Akhil..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhil,

Please try SAP note#1855612 - Initial transfer of Inbound Delivery Documents not possible.

Regarding the block message that you are getting while PGR, as Aman suggested already please check the status of the preceding PO in GTS. If its blocked or if the PO wasn't transferred to GTS you will face such issues.

Regarding Business scenario: You can use Inbound delivery for Customs declaration prior to Goods receipt, Pre-Declaration for US Import security filing and to Discharge transit procedures

- Customs declaration prior to Goods receipt can be done with PO as well but Inbound delivery can supplement more data for creation of Declarations.

- To create a pre-declaration document for US Pre ISF filing

- To discharge transit procedures- This is used to present your goods to customs while importing.

When  you activate your inbound delivery for Customs, you should also enable to preceding PO document type for Customs processing.

Regards

Dhilipan

Answers (0)