cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blanking out cost after TECO (Closing) PM Work Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Would like to know how to block out extra charges occurred, after closing out an PM work order by contractors.

Paying a monthly flat rate to our contractors,for maintenance works carried out.

When a work order is raised in SAP PM, additional charges seems to be appearing after TECO (closing out a work order)?

Many thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chaitanya Parchure,

Basically, the issue we are facing is paying flat day rate (for a month) for contractor maintenance team, we are now getting a double up in a sense for costing.

So at the end of each month see another cost showing up from labour costs on work orders

that is raised and closed by contractors.

Need to stop the labour costs coming through somehow (if possible).

Can we stop that feature seeping thru has an additional cost. 

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me the process you are following to pay to third party vendor.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajan,

Use user status in Maintenance Order to avoid additional charges after TECO.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish Singh,

Just a quick question, how do I go about it.

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Rajan,

Please follow the Steps

1) Create User Status in OIBS & control the transaction control as per your requirement.

2) Assign the User status to the order type in OIOG

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Tried both transaction, was prompted not authorized to use tranction. I guess I don't have authority to do so.

Basically, the issue we are facing is paying flat day rate (for a month) for contractor maintenance team, we are now getting a double up in a sense for costing.

So at the end of each month see another cost showing up from labour costs on work orders

that is raised and closed by contractors.

Need to stop the labour costs coming through somehow (if possible).

Can we stop that feature seeping thru has an additional cost. 

Any other way?

Regards,

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan,

I think this issue and above mention issue are different.

There are two status TECO (Technically Completed)  and CLSD (Business Completion). The details are given below

Business completion is financial completion of work orders.On business completion,no more costs can be posted on the specific work order account and moreover the man-hours consumed during maintenance work order are transferred to HR module.

If you do not click on "Business Completed"

1. Other modules and financial reports will not get updated in the book of accounts.

2. Every time when you run the Settlement for the orders in the then system will pick up the order as costs can be posted on this order.

3. This is not a good business practice and at the time of Audit this will be an important Point as why so many old orders not Business Completed.

So to Solve your problem you can change the status to CLSD instead of TECO.  Or you can use Exit IWO10004 to control on Status (means if any thing is open in that order system won't allow you to TECO order.

Regards,

Chaitanya Parchure

former_member224809
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rajan

Can u share the screen shot of maintenance order COST tab.