cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date input for Dahsboard not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am building a dash board with Date as filter, in query browser I connect to universe and build query selecting dimension, measure with Date as filter (Equal to "Prompt"), Prompt I have deselected all options.  I bound a Cell in excel as input, another cell for date, measure for output.

I used excel formula Today()-1 as input filed.

When use formula its not fetching any data but if I hard code date its fetching data, I understand that formula/prompt isn't working.

Could any one help me on this.

Thanks

Nick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be because the input provided to the prompt is not in the defined format. Ensure that the input is in the required date format for the prompt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

SQL type is VARCHAR...when I select prompt options in filter selection and select from calender input it takes but If I have to pass on date value from other column its not working...

Data base date

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

In that case, you have to format the date in the excel to the desired format (yyyy-mm-dd in your case) before you pass on the values to the filter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shwetha thank you for your reply..

I am still struggling to fix this....

1 Query based on Date, Revenue  with Date filter (Start - End)

2 Query needs to read the Date selection from 1 Query and Fetch data Region wise..

I tried it with static excel it worked -  1 st query Date, Revenue

2nd Query   Date, Region, Revenue.

When I built this one I could bring   Date in rows Revenue in columns and 2nd query  Date in rows and Region1, Region2, Region3 into columns with Revenue.

When I connect universe this time I am not able to bring Region as Region1, Region 2, Region 3 into columns. because we use Date and Region and Revenue in columns can not define rows.

When I am using Query 1 result set destination as prompt input for 2nd query its not firing the query for region.

Hope I have given clear picture....

former_member202257
Contributor
0 Kudos

"When I am using Query 1 result set destination as prompt input for 2nd query its not firing the query for region."

By this, do you mean that the filter for date is not getting passed to 2nd query?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes...this because of the date format in DB is VARCHAR and query passing date format which is not accepting.  created a date dimension with the same format and its working.

Thank you for your help any way...!