cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWM QM integration: business system, logical system and installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Now I met a tricky problem for EWM-QM integration. According to current understanding, the key point is whether installation name has to be identical with logical system name?

We define business system in the path: SPRO->SCM Extended Warehouse Management->Extended Warehouse Management->Interfaces->ERP Integration->General Settings->Define Business System, here we maintain business system ERP_001 assigned to logical system EPDCLNT001

Then define installations in the path: SPRO->Cross Application Components->Quality Inspection Engine->Central Settings->Communication with an External QM System->Define External QM Systems

Then Assign the installation to warehouse, we tried to define the  installation as ERP_001 or EPDCLNT001, but neither works, we always got an error when we do GR for inbound delivery: Unable to determine RFC destination for QM connection; check Customizing

I understand that the installation must be identical to the business system (SAP Note 1278425). However, although the business system has a logical system assigned which is identical to the installation, the system compares the installation with business system instead of the logical system. It seems this logic only applies to the integration with QM, for other ERP integration, we can set business system freely.

Regards

Danny

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

parsa_trivedi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

I am also facing the same issue. Were you able to find any possible way to overcome this issue?  If we maintain Generic Business System like ERP_001 and use the same under installation, will this be solved?

Regards

TP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Danny,

I have the same  issue.

I have put the installation: ZZ9_100 same as the business system ZZ9_100 ZZ9CLNT100. but it is not working.

how did you solve this issue?

I'm creating the inspection lot in EWM, but when I check the delivery inbound queue in ECC, it does not have an inspection lot number there.

I believe EWM is not passing the information.

many thanks in advance for your help

Natalia