cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key date pop up in Bex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using BEx query in my BO Webi report. Due to this i am getting pop up at Webi report. This Bex query has key due date(current date) which pops up.

I want to suppress this pop up but the key date should be calculated and taken into consideration without pop up/prompt.

Your help is highly appreciated. Full points will be awarded for correct answer.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohammed

It would be great to know few more details about your issue.

1) What is the purpose of key date in your report (so that we can use customer exit variable to populate the key date automatically)

2) Is it a mandatory variable in your BEx Report (if its a mandatory, we could change it to optional after making sure that its populated based on the point 1)

3) Is the key date used in any of the restricted key figures? (just to see how complexity of your query)

Any more information if you think its important to be considered, please go ahead

Regards

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

1. The key date is used to populate current date which is used in RKF's. There is already SAP exit for the variable. It is a standard variable 0P_KEYDT by SAP in customer ageing reports.

2. Yes, its mandatory variable. I don't think i should make it optional as all KF's calculations are based on it.

3. Yes there are many RKF's whose calculation is based on this key date.

I can uncheck the "variable is ready for input" but i was wondering will it still get the default value(current date) ? Currently when ever i run the query i can see the default value as current date.

This bex query is used in my BO Webi report.

Thanks for your response.

karthik_vasudevan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Then its cool. You can directly uncheck the option to "variable is ready for input".

Since this is a SAP exit variable, this might have used in other queries as well and I am not sure if you could change that.

So better create a new customer exit variable which is not input ready and include that in the RKFs. You will not face any problems since its in RKFs.

And as you said, its just the system date, so no other complications involved.

Even if its not in variable screen, it will be applicable to all the RKFs

Regards

Karthik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

Things seems to be working fine. Thanks for support and quick replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will try your suggestion and comment if its working or not.